Saturday, September 5, 2009

Greek: Tomorrow Never Dies


Greek:
"The Day After"

It took me six days to get around to watching the new episode of Greek and there really wasn't even much else on television this week...aside from the U.S. Open, that is, which I've been watching constantly. I'm going to be so screwed next week when Gossip Girl, Glee, SYTYCD, etc. start up new episodes.

Anyway, Greek:
  • What time of the year is it on Greek again? Late fall, I guess?
  • It's the day after the end of the world. Ha.
  • Ha, Jimmy is creepy.
  • Why would Cappie and Casey dating be so weird for Jordan? She should be one of the few people for whom it's not weird.
  • Casey: "I had some cookies. But they were in the 100-calorie packs...so I had seven of them."
  • Ugh, you break up with somebody and the ZBZ sisters come and sing to you about a cat? That's horrendous.
  • ZBZ girl (whose name I forgot): "I mean, he was a nerd, but he was hot. It was confusing."
  • Why wouldn't Casey just assume that whoever Rebecca was kissing was one of her own former boyfriends?
  • Calvin: "Not to mention how they'll react having two gay guys in the house. One is fine, two is just bathhouse."
  • Dale: "I had to fake a noise bleed to get out of there."
  • Aww, is that Dale's Canadian ex-roommate? (Remember, the one who is deathly pale, has a weird, unplaceable accent and wrote a Dale thank you note for making his own bed.) I'm so glad we finally got to see this kid!
  • Dale: "The first rule of living every day like the world's going to end is making sure the world actually ends."
  • Good for Rusty giving Casey some grief about the Max situation.
  • Rusty: "Yeah, Casey, you can help me with my organic chemistry report on the guy from Entourage."
  • If Rusty really wants to see Max, he could just head over to the new Melrose Place.
  • Beaver: "Take you marks! Fire at Wil-ber."
  • Wade's dressed like an old lady. These KTs...
  • Calvin: "Fate? Yeah... Eternity...really?"
  • Very smooth, Calvin: "Nothing happened!!"
  • Security guard: "Yeah, he does look a little sickly."
    Casey: "Yeah, he's hypoglycemic. That's why he looks that way."
    Rusty: "I'm hypoglycemic, not deaf."
  • Cappie: "Wait, did you just say Maxipad? That's still funny!"
    Dale: "I know."
  • Betsy guesses that "E.C" is Edward Cullen. Ha.
  • Calvin: "Thanks for letting me raid your closet, Dale. You were the only person I know that might have clothes resembling anything close to Austin Powers."
  • Dale: "I was at that stupid party and everybody was talking about the end of the world and the apocalypse and blah blah blah and it was like every Easter Sunday back home."
  • Say something, Calvin! Aww, poor Dale.
  • Cappie clocking Rusty with the door was funny.
  • Rebecca looks cute as Sydney Bristow.
  • Ashleigh: "And, Evan, you're wearing Banana Republic!"
  • Do Cappie and Casey have to stand there and talk while Rusty's trying to work? This is not conducive.
  • Cappie: "I'm a ninja!"
  • Cappie: "I'm a ninja for the ethnic treatment of animals."
    Security guard: "NETA? Not one of you guys again!"
  • Cappie: "Did you know that there are more animals used for testing than there are in the entire world?"
    Security guard: "What? That doesn't sound accurate."
  • Sheila is horrendous. Calvin needs to go give poor Dale a hug.
  • They should get Sheila fired. It can't be ok for her to sleep with her tenants.
  • Who did Becca really make out with? I'm assuming it's someone else's boyfriend. Fisher? Cappie? Max? What other guys are there? Beaver? I can see why she'd want to keep it a secret if she was kissing Beav ;-)
  • Evan calls Max "Casey's Enginerd"
  • Wow! This is a strange change of pace--Evan talking logic and instilling some morality into a situation? (Reminding Cappie that Casey and Max just broke up and that Cappie has no intention of ever leaving college and Casey does.)
  • Called it: Rebecca was kissing Fisher. She seriously needs to find a boy who is not already dating one of her best friends.

Ok, kids, hang on: we're officially doing Cappie/Evan/Casey round 3 (round 4? round 5? I can't keep up.) Sorry, Casey/Cappie shippers, but right now I'm going with Evan. He always sucks me in when he's not acting like a flaming jerk (you know, like the time he hit Rusty in the face with a paddle).

(Photo: abcfamily.com) **BTW, props to the ABC Family web site for posting a mini album of pictures from this episode. Keep it up with all subsequent episodes, please. (Not to take the credit, but I did fill out a survey for their web site several months ago and made the suggestion that they post photo albums for each episode.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes good episode.
    I still love Dale and Dale/Calvin friendship.
    The actor was cute but i don't miss Max (sorry Rusty)
    I love/flove Cappie and Evan relationship.
    I like /love Cappie/Casey for a couple but i love Evan/Casey for a couple so whatever direction the writers go i am OK ! Actually it's the first time i am enjoying a love triangle and i think it's because the three characters are great and the three actors have chemistry together : it's cool
    And tell me you prefer Evan because he looks a lot like mister Logan Echolls (seriously Jake McDorman/Evan could be the brother of Jason Dohring/Logan)??! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't think I'd ever really thought about Evan looking like Logan Echolls, but now that you mention it, I can see what you're talking about. There are certainly other Evan/Logan similarities too: both rich, both have troubled relationships with their parents, both prone to doing some horrendous things (Evan: hitting Rusty with paddle; Logan: bum fights), etc.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Evan/Casey a little more than Casey/Cappie. And I definitely laughed at your Max comment--I liked him, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to be around for too long.

    Thanks for your comment! It's always fun to hear from other Greek/Veronica Mars fantastics ;-)

    ReplyDelete