Monday, March 30, 2009

Greek: Coming Home


Greek:
"Take Me Home, Cyprus Rhodes"

Greek = the reason I can't boycott ABC Family due to its crap treatment of Kyle XY. I am emotionally incapable of not watching this show. It just makes me so happy. My cheeks actually hurt after I watch an episode of Greek because it makes me smile the whole time.

As glad as I am that Rusty's freshman year is finally over (longest. school year. ever), it's all kinds of depressing that they're starting fall semester. Ick. I hate fall. Could we have done Greek: Summer School instead?

Best parts of the episode: Everything with Dale and also Cappie mentioning that he watches Jon and Kate Plus 8. At some point, I need to compile a list of all the shows that Cappie and I both watch.

I tried to write down all the funny quotes in this episode, but it was a battle. Whenever I was trying to write one quote down, somebody would say three more funny things. Here's what I got (mixed with some of my observations):
  • Aww, Rusty was a camp counselor! How sweet.
  • Vinny van Lowe! Greek continues its fascination with Veronica Mars. (They've already had Deputy Leo on the show. Plus there's that whole "Beaver"-as-a-name thing that really ticked me off at first.)
  • Rusty: "I guess you could say that when it comes to little boys, I have the touch... That's not what I meant."
  • Rusty: "Now go out there and proudly spread your seed! ...I'm really not sure what's wrong with me today."
  • Max! He's so cute.
  • Casey's internship blouse is awesome!
  • Max told Casey that his Cal-Tech grant money fell through. Eesh. Like the truth isn't going to come out...
  • Casey's keeping secrets from Ashleigh? Uh oh.
  • Frannie's new sorority is called IKI. Casey: "Icky?"
  • Beav arrives carrying beer flavored popsicles.
  • Wow, Rusty did an impressive job of soundproofing his room.
  • Did Rebecca switch sororities just so she could watch Frannie flounder? She seems to enjoy watching people squirm so much.
  • Casey: "Last year, two girls almost came to blows over whether Cameron Diaz looks better as a blonde or brunette. And, yes, those two girls were Ashleigh and me."
  • Cappie: "We just finished our nightly--morningly?--1 a.m. power nap. Morningly?"
    Beav: "Morningly."
  • DALE!!!!!!!
  • Dale: "I have to fight off a surly mechanical engineer to get this spot. I told him to build a bridge...and get over it."
  • Dale's new roommate is deathly pale, has a weird, unplaceable accent and wrote a Dale thank you note for making his own bed!
  • Rusty: "Are you aware that's how you used to talk about going to church?"
  • Ben Bennett's banking on the fact that pepperoni doesn't go bad.
  • Cappie: "Beaver has just hit his 14-month developmental milestones!"
    Beaver: "I can drink through a straw!"
  • It would seriously mess up the show, but I think Casey taking a break from ZBZ might not be a bad idea. It would certainly cut down on the drama in her life. Aww, but poor Ashleigh. She looks so sad.
  • Rusty: "And don't you find the diet of smoked meats constipating?"
  • Evan! I've even missed you! Let's hope you really are back to the nicer version of yourself.
  • Calvin: "If you mess with Rusty again, I will have to kick your ass." (It's about time, Cal. Where the hell were you when he hit Rusty in the face with a paddle?)
  • Cappie: "...drinking beer, watching the full series of Full House on DVD."
    Casey: "Is that what you did all summer?"
    Cappie: "Of course not. I also watched Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's amazing how they make it all work."
  • Yes, Cappie, senior year is short for most people. For you guys, I suspect that senior year will last for at least 5 mini seasons. I'm sure it will seem plenty long.
  • Rusty (to the opossum): "This is supposed to be a single."
  • Dale: "Yeah. I thought smelled the dung of a mid-sized marsupial."
  • Ash: "This was a brilliant idea, Case. And not just because it gave me an opportunity to wear my camo booty shorts."
  • Casey: "The other interns came with years of political knowledge. I came with subtle highlights and the ability to make a silly skit about almost anything. ...Worst of all, they called me Elle Woods."
  • Rusty: "Hey guys! I just had an epiphany."
    Beav: "Aw, man. Did it get on the seats?"
  • Casey: "I just met a Canadian guy who was looking for a roommate. He was really nice."
    Dale: "This Canuck is relentless!"
  • AHAHAHAHA! The building manager lady winked at Dale! OMG, that was hilarious.
  • I'm glad that Dale and Rusty are going to be roommates again, but I wish we'd gotten to meet Dale's Canadian roommate. That guy sounds awesome.
  • Dale (to Casey): "I have no problem being your submissive. I have no problem being submissive...to you."
  • So, Evan, are you rethinking this whole Frannie thing yet? Because you know it's not worth it.
  • Ashleigh: "Rebecca, you could have picked the handicapped stall!"
  • Yeah, I saw it coming that Rebecca is actually a spy in Frannie's house. Still not sorry that Casey told her off.
  • Ashleigh has a crush on the dean! That's Cameron from Ferris Bueller, right?

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment