Monday, September 28, 2009

Gossip Girl: Bidding Bores


Gossip Girl:
"The Lost Boy"

Ugh, another lackluster episode of Gossip Girl. Watching this show has become arduous and just coming up with a highlight list is no longer an easy task. The O.C.'s third season was the weakest of its four seasons; Gossip Girl is now in its third season. Coincidence? (It might very well be a coincidence, I just has to come up with a way to squeeze an O.C. mention into this post so that GG doesn't pass it on my "What I Talk About" list on the sidebar on the right side of the screen.) Fair warning: if a surfer named Johnny shows up, I'm jumping ship.

Highlights and my thoughts:

  • Ha ha at Blair throwing the sock at Dan. Poor B--that would be a traumatic scene to walk in on.
  • Blair: "Don't think you can run me out of my own room with a half-naked Dan Humphrey."
  • Vanessa: "Please tell me it was Georgina and not Blair."
    Serena: "Please tell me it was Blair and not Georgina."
  • No, Vanessa, you can't swing by his study group and grab coffee because he's studying with a group! Geez! Clingy much?
  • Eew, Jenny's hair looks rough. Do Jenny and Eric now just walk around the apartment together, make a few comments, and then walk to another part of the apartment? Neither of them has done anything all season.
  • Scott doesn't seem very interested in his other half-siblings.
  • Dan: "So you're now dating Carter Baizen? Because Chuck isn't currently available?"
  • I think the girl at the registrar's office forgot to finish her sentence. What she said to Vanessa was, "I'm sorry, but we're not allowed to give out student's class schedules," but I think what she meant was, "I'm sorry, but we're not allowed to give out student's class schedules to chicks wearing creepy snake necklaces."
  • Doesn't NYU have an online student directory? Couldn't Vanessa just look him up in that to see if he's there? We had one when I was in college and that was a few years ago.
  • Blair: "As opposed to me, who is an endless fount of do-overs." (Uh, that's kind of true.)
  • Why doesn't Dan hit on one of those random girls who just walked past him? Anyone would be a better choice than Georgie. Is he seriously this dumb? This girl lied to him about who she was just two years ago in a strange ploy to get back at his ex-girlfriend. (Or was she his current girlfriend at the time? I can't keep up.) That kind of behavior tends to signify some craziness that you probably don't want to mess around with too much.
  • Oh no, not another secret society... Can we not just get over the secret societies already? There was a secret society at Yale, then Blair tried to get into that society club that wasn't secret but wasn't very interesting either, then Chuck tried to get into another secret society during that horrendous filler plot last year that went nowhere. Sorry, guys, secret societies on this show never end up being interesting.
  • If Blair thinks that "guys like Carter don't change" then how does she explain Chuck?
  • What season is it in NYC? Bree's dress is really skimpy. Serena's appeared to be sweater material.
  • Ugh, I can't even pay attention to any of this Nate/Bree conversation. It's like nap time built in to the episode.
  • Wow, didn't think Scott would just come out and tell Vanessa he's Rufus and Lily's son. And then she just told him all about how Rufus and Lily looked for him. I'm impressed; all kinds of information is being exchanged. Perhaps everyone is just looking for the fastest way possible to wrap up this excruciating story line?
  • Blair: "Pitty. I already have my bidding paddle."
    Chuck: "Well, I'm sure we can find some other use for it."
  • Wow, Vanessa is a blabbermouth.
  • Rufus "wants us all to be there" and "us all" includes Vanessa?!
  • Chuck: "She stole my shoes?!" (I'm just as flabbergasted at what Blair has come to.)
  • That's a nice pink shirt and khakis combo there, Scott.
  • Ha ha ha ha, Dan thinks Scott is his stalker! Get over yourself, Humphrey!
  • Did Chuck find replacement shoes or is he just walking around in socks?
  • Why does Serena want the painting? Is it just an excuse for her to strut up to the front of the room and show off her super-tight Herve Leger dress?
  • Serena: "Now, we've had enough of you tonight." (LOL, it would be funny if I hadn't already had enough of pretty much everyone tonight.)
  • Does Georgie really want Dan Humphrey this badly? Why?
  • Ha ha, go Chuck. Way to get back at Georgie's nasty MBA friend.
  • Bye, Scott. I'm not going to miss you.
  • Chuck's cashing his Bass Industries shares so he can buy a hotel? This does not seem like the world's best idea, but more power to him. It is a nice looking hotel.
  • Now Carter screwed over Bree Buckley's family? Nope, I still don't care.
I regret not watching Greek during this time slot tonight.

(photo: cwtv.com)

3 comments:

  1. Greek is so much better than Gossip Girl and his hype (for what ? mystery...Chuck/Blair..well Greek has Cappie/Casey/Evan/Dale and it's...funny and more down to earth). It's a fact !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair: "As opposed to me, who is an endless font of do-overs." (Uh, that's kind of true.)

    what does she means with do-overs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon #1: LOL, Gossip Girl would benefit from having a Dale ;-) Greek is definitely better at showing "college" than GG has turned out to be. I think GG is still trying to figure out how to deal with this new setting. Oh and Greek is infinitely better at establishing supporting characters and guest characters that are likable (or at least interesting).

    Anon #2: I think Blair meant that while Chuck only had one shot to land his business deal, she has always given him second chances with her after he treated her badly. At least that's what I got out of it. Anyway, I just noticed that I used the wrong spelling for "fount." Oops.

    ReplyDelete