Sunday, September 27, 2009

Greek: Professors and Pot Brownies


Greek:
"High and Dry"

Great episode! And the episode's title is genius.

Perhaps I liked this episode so much because I'm an Evan-lover when he's being cute and not acting like an ass. There were a lot of awesome Casey/Evan moments. Who knew those two could be so funny (when they're high)? I also liked Ashleigh finally giving in to Fisher's cuteness and forgiving him, Rusty attempting to get a professor to sponsor him and Calvin coming to regret his decision to wrap Grant's present with embossed wrapping paper. (Did everyone else already know that you only use embossed wrapping paper when you're trying to get in somebody's pants? Like Calvin, I was totally unaware of that fact, so I'm glad Rebecca brought that to my attention.)

After seeing episodes like this one, I think that if I ever had to live in the world of a current TV show, Greek would be one of my top choices. (I'd also consider The Big Bang Theory and Chuck.) It just seems like it would be so much fun at Cyprus Rhodes with all of these awesome/hilarious people around.
Highlights and my thoughts:
  • Katherine (Panhellenic president): "I'm sorry, we're in a small room. Why do you think I can't hear you?"
  • Cappie: "This is my first experience with nerd-on-nerd hazing."
  • Ash: "He smells like cupcakes and man."
  • Rebecca: "You have to get Ashleigh to forgive me. I've apologized, groveled, told her I liked though silly arm-warmer things she wears. Nothing's worked!"
  • Dale: "I don't really need Nana's Crucifixion linens around right now or my Precious Moments baby angels. They're so judgy."
  • Rusty: "I'm really trying to make a name for myself in this department."
    Professor: "You mean besides Anchor?"
    Rusty: "You know about that?"
    Professor: "I believe I started it."
  • Ashleigh: "I'm pretending you're the lemon!"
    Casey: "Bitter's not pretty, Ash."
  • I love this Panhellenic president girl. She's great.
  • Rusty: "That's weird. My nana usually sends me money for my birthday!"
    Beaver: "Times are tough."
    Wade: "She must not love you anymore."
  • Cappie: "Where do smart people hang out?"
    Wade: "Computer stores!"
    Cappie: "Ethnic restaurants!"
    Beaver: "The moon?"
  • Aww, poor Calvin. This is an awkward situation for him to be in.
  • Rusty: "I come from a long line of seamen."
  • Oh nooo. Casey and Evan ate pot brownies. Not having ever had a pot brownie, I'm wondering if they taste strange. Would you know that there was something wrong with the brownie you were eating? I'm asking because this seems to come up a lot on TV shows. (90210's finale last year, for example.)
  • Cappie: "By the time I'm down with Larson, he's going to name a star after you."
    Rusty (singing): "And that star will be called Rusty!"
  • Aww, Beaver is so cute wearing glasses and a sweater!
  • Rebecca: "No one uses embossed wrapping paper unless they want to get in someone's pants."
    Calvin: "Definitely should have used a gift bag."
  • Ash is going to have a hard time getting a new boy if she insists on wearing that weird jump suit outfit.
  • Ha at Casey grooving to the karaoke music. Evan and Casey are freaking entertaining while high. Evan's stoned voice in particular is hilarious.
  • Casey: "Do you think cats put us on their pillows?"
  • Hilary: "You're David Wong?!"
    Cappie: "Yes. Yes, I am. I was adopted by two gay dudes...from China."
  • That sneaky Dale.
  • Fisher: "They sat under that table in there for 10 minutes pretending to be shoes."
  • Casey: "I used to have so much fun with you...before you cheated on me, hit Rusty with a pledge paddle, paid off a Lambda Sig and dated Frannie."
  • Ha at Evan's gaggy face when Casey mentioned him dating Frannie.
  • Evan: "Ok, that's it, I'm trying pina colada!!"
    Casey: "No, no, no, don't! I did it once."
    Evan: "Was it delicious?!"
  • Evan: "We totally got this." (Bursts out laughing.)
  • Casey: "We talked about our lives, our childhoods, ...time travel..."
  • Evan: "And she may be afraid of trees, but when push comes to shove she doesn't let you drink the shampoo, no matter how good it smells."
  • Aww. Ashleigh needs to kiss Fisher. He may be a cheat, but he's sooooo cute!
  • If Cappie wants Casey, he's gotta move now, because adorable, shampoo-eating Evan is going to have her in a matter of weeks.
(photo: abcfamily.com)

3 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved this episode maybe for the same reasons you loved it..hehe..
    Jake McDorman and Spencer Grammer have a pretty good comedic dynamic timing together that we never really saw since now : it's refreshing to say the least !
    My favorites characters are still Cappie, Evan, Casey, Dale and Calvin. But i don't dislike the others : everybody is somehow likable. It's rare in tv show, and i even like Katherine whereas i loathed Franny, the former vilian. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and i already ate pot brownies : it's pretty good and not strange at all, yum ! lol try at least one time to have an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks for the pot brownie info :-)

    I'm glad you loved this episode too. I agree that it's rare for a TV show to have so many likable characters. It's hard to pick your favorites.

    ReplyDelete