Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Glee: Jolly Good Acafellas

Glee: "Acafellas"

Glee offers up another great episode. Highlights and my observations:
  • WHAT?!?! WILL'S DAD IS VICTOR GARBER!!!!! OMG. Does this mean that Will is Sydney Bristow's half-brother?
  • And Victor's wearing a bow-tie--how adorable.
  • Aww, Victor/Will's dad says he has no guts. (That is very unlike Jack Bristow.)
  • The Cheerio spies in glee club have set a plan into action to get a ridiculous choreographer to bring about the downfall of glee club.
  • Emma: "They say it takes more certainty than talent to become a star. Look at John Stamos."
  • The cake Terri got for the shop teacher whose thumbs got cut off has two hands giving the thumps-up guesture. Oy vey.
  • Ken: "I live in a YMCA, and I only have one pair of long pants..."
  • Sandy writes Desperate Housewives fan fiction. Ahahaha!
  • Will: "Apparently I don't know how to dance."
    Henri: "I have no thumbs!"
  • Will: "Sandy, we voted: when you're in the group, it's creepy."
  • Terri: "Will! If I don't get some sleep, I could miscarry." (She is horrendous!!)
  • Finn: "See anyone else in here with a plate of 'I'm sorry' cookies? I don't. Just you."
  • Mercedes: "Have you ever kissed anybody?"
    Kurt: "Yes, if by someone you mean the tender crook of my elbow."

  • Why do all of Will's performances (first "Gold Digger" now "Poison") involve him rapping? LOL.

  • Acafella's dance moves aren't bad.

  • I can't believe the Acafellas were written up in the newspaper.

  • Sandy: "'Who is Josh Groban?!' Kill yourself!"

  • Kurt: "My dad got it for my sweet 16 when I swore I'd stop wearing form-fitting sweaters that stop at the knee. What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

  • First this rival glee club (Vocal Adrenaline) did "Rehab," now it's Duffy's "Mercy." And the dance moves these people do are unreal. I bet half the members of the group don't sing and are just there to do back flips and fancy dance moves. (Obviously in real life their are probably two different sets of performers: the singers we hear and the dancers we see.)

  • I see Lauren from SYTYCD!!!

  • Finn: "I tried to talk some sense into Rachel, but she's gone all chick-batty."

  • Puckerman wants to be in the a cappella group? So he can hit on moms?! Eeeew! I don't doubt that he's tired of dating high school girls, though, since he clearly looks at least 35.

  • Puck: "Dude, my bowels have better moves than you."

  • Rachel: "We need to have a gay-vention. That's a gay intervention."

  • Rachel: "He wore a corset to second period!"

  • Kurt wasn't being "sweet" to Mercedes last week when he was telling her that she looked like a Technicolor zebra.

  • Mercedes' hair looks super cute at the car wash.

  • The Cheerios do make good backup dancers.

  • Mercedes is a fantastic singer.

  • So they guy playing Dakota, the crazy choreographer, played Walter "Duckface" on Full House. Wow.

  • Dakota: "Artie, you're cut. You're not trying hard enough."
    Artie: "At what?"
    Dakota: "At walking."

  • I kinda loved how Finn stood up for Rachel when Dakota said she needed a noise job.

  • Dakota: "What's wrong with me is that you're freakishly tall! I feel like a woodland creature!"

  • Rachel: "Our point is that you're fired. And I'm taller than you."

  • The Acafellas are awfully dressed up for the PTO meeting.

  • Wow, they've got some fancy lighting for this performance. This song ("I'm Going To Sex You Up") is ridiculously inappropriate for the PTO! Ha. All the better to distract the parents from the prison food scandal, I guess.

  • Josh Groban is hitting on Will's mom!

  • Victor's going to law school! Yea!!! (I still wish he'd gotten the chance to sing something though.)

  • Why did the costume department insist on dressing Victor Garber like Tiny Tim thoughout this entire episode?

  • Kurt: "My dad took my baby away after he found my tiara collection in my hope chest."

  • Sue: "I'm revoking your tanning privileges for the rest of the semester."
    Cheerleader (bursts into tears): "No!"

Episode music list: "This is How We Do It" (Acafellas), "Poison" (Acafellas), "Mercy" (Vocal Adrenaline), "La Camisa Negra," "Bust Your Windows" (Mercedes), "I Wanna Sex You Up" (Acafellas)

No comments:

Post a Comment