Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Greek: Pilgrims' Progress



Greek:
"Down on Your Luck"

I definitely didn't love this episode of Greek as much as last week's episode. First of all, there was not Evan/Casey interaction. Also, there was no Dale. Or Calvin. Or Fisher. On the other hand, there was too much Jordan. I'm also usually not as interested in the episodes that focus heavily on intra-ZBZ battles or ZBZ versus the other sororities battles; I prefer the episodes that focus on the characters and the things that are going on in their personal lives.

The highlights of this episode included a lot of cuteness and funniness from Beaver and some entertaining Evan/Cappie moments.

Highlights and my thoughts:
  • Ash: "But sexy fierce or scary fierce? ...I want to look hot, but also threatening, like 'cheat on me again, and I will cut you.'"
  • So Casey says that "fall's almost over, finally." Frankly I'm surprised that fall is almost over in the Greek world. This semester seems to be going by a lot quicker than last spring did, but maybe I've just come to expect Greek semesters to take a really long time.
  • Maybe Rusty should leave his polymers in the lab.
  • Rebecca: "They stayed in for mud masks and watching a television series about old people having old people sex."
    Casey: "They're watching Private Practice?"
  • Oh, Rusty, shut up. I like you and I don't care about Jordan's issues; this professor hates you, so he's really not going to care.
  • Cappie's busying making fun of Evan for never having to get a job before, but how much laboring has Cappie done?
  • Pledge Abby is the piano player girl from High School Musical! I'm not sure HSM would endorse her preoccupation with parties.
  • Cappie: "What is it, Spitter? It kind of freaks me out when you walk in and stare at us with that serial killer smirk."
  • Cappie: "Beaver, get the book... The dictionary?"
    Beaver: "I don't know what lavalier means!"
  • Cappie: "The last known KT to lavalier was in 1986. The brother was so excited that he went home to tell his entire family...in Chernobyl."
  • Beaver is so adorable, I can barely stand it.
  • Why is Beccs so worked up about the pledges sucking?
  • Casey (to Rebecca): "That is a great plan, Frannie."
  • This Lana girl kind of gives off a Theresa from The O.C. vibe. Let's hope Cappie doesn't knock her up.
  • There are probably worse months than November. Sexy Pilgrims and Indians seems manageable.
  • Where is Ben Bennett? I haven't seen him in a while.
  • Rusty: "Beaver, would you be my lavalier bearer?"
  • Beaver: "What's a lavalier bear, dude?"
  • Ha ha ha! Beaver swallowed the lavalier! Ha ha ha! Poor Beav.
  • Ha, Katherine's appointment to feed the homeless ran long.
  • Cappie said he bar tended at Flannigan's Cocktails and Dreams in Jamaica.
  • LOL at Cappie's idea of a screwdriver and Evan and Lana's reactions.
  • Ashleigh: "Maybe boys do define us."
  • If Jordan loves Italian art and history so much and she's presumably studying art and history, why does she feel "unfulfilled"? Whatever, I'm going to stop questioning it; any plot device to get rid of Jordan for awhile is fine by me.
  • Cappie: "You know my father always says, 'anything worth having is worth fighting for.' Of course, my father's a pacifist, but that's not the point..."
  • Professor: "Personally, I think you should break up with her so you'd shut up about it, but then you'd come in here sobbing like a soiled baby..."
  • I think the ZBZs need to watch some America's Next Top Model and work on their posing. Everyone is still just kind of standing in a bunch.
  • Lana: "And you didn't have your ass grabbed every five minutes."
    Evan: "That's what you think."

  • The turkey with the ZBZ sign is pretty funny.

  • Crap! Jordan didn't get accepted in the study abroad program. Grrr. Maybe someone will drop out a the last minute so she can go.

Next's week ep looks like it's going to really make up for this episode's lack of Casey/Evan interaction. Yea! I have a feeling that my faithful commenter on my Greek posts and I are going to like this episode.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment