Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Premiere Watch '08: Greek*

Greek: Crush Landing

*Tech- nically, last night's episode of Greek was not it's premiere. Unfor- tunately, when Greek did premiere it's fall series last week, I was in the midst of a complete computer breakdown, and no blogging was getting done. Also, it's so hard to figure out what season it is on Greek anyway. Did it just premiere it's 2nd season? Is this just season 1, part 3? I'm sure I could find out if I really wanted to, but instead I'm blogging this episode and calling it a day.

Just a quick note on last week's episode: Dale stole the show (shocker). Calvin is also quite funny, and the Rusty/Dale/Calvin odd trio makes for some entertaining TV.

Also, it bugs me to no end that we're still supposedly in the second half of the second semester of the school year that started in real time last summer. This has been the most eventful school year ever.

Anyway, last night's episode: Not a bad effort. I liked the Casey/Ashleigh/Hotness Monster interactions and also enjoyed Rusty's identity crises. I'm glad he got himself sorted out (it made me smile when was already up and dressed when his alarm went off the next morning).

Oddly, or not oddly, Cappie is back to being Super Immature Cappie, who pops up every once in awhile until Sage and Wise Cappie turns up. That kid is kind of hot and cold. I've seen nothing to suggest that Cappie isn't perfectly emotionally capable of sensitively helping Rebecca through her parents' divorce, but he sure ain't doing it. He's helped plenty of people through plenty of problems over the past couple semesters, but now he's worthless. Is he just having an off night, or does it somehow involve who he's helping? In next week's promo, Rebecca implies that, were she Casey, Cappie would be perfectly capable of being the serious, helpful boyfriend. Let's hope she sticks to that rationale and we get rid of Rebeppie (Cabecca?) for good.

Also, Evan is now totally back to being all kinds of sleazy. Remember those four episodes where he was the sweetest guy in the world? Ahh, those were the days...

I always scream bloody murder when Dale isn't in an episode, and I'd like to expand that condemnation to now include episodes with no Calvin.

I'd also like to raise a question: how many boyfriends/love interests does Casey need in one semester? Holy cow. By my count in the spring semester, she's had: Evan, Cappie, the 16-year-old, Junior from Wildfire, the Mr. Purrfect guy, and now Hotness Monster. I mean, good for her, but doesn't that seem a little excessive?

Highlights and observations:

  • Ashleigh: "I have a lot of nice things in here, and I don't want blood on them."
  • Rusty: "Can't talk, Cappie. I'm late for class."
    Cappie: "Are your pants already down there?"
  • Hmm, an RA who hides in his room...I had one of those too, actually.
  • Rebecca: "I have new respect of Chelsea Clinton."
    Cappie: "Me too! Now that she's grown into her face, she's foxy."
  • Drew Collins: "I have a favor to ask you. Please save me from having to read about the pregnant man by telling me your life story."
  • Dale: I'm about to regurgitate if this RA doesn't show up soon."
  • Sorry, this Max character is a way better RA than mine was. (And Max is pretty darn cute...it's too bad the actor is still rocking his Swingtown hairdo.)
  • Cappie: "Your skipping classes, you're avoiding schoolwork... It's like you're a real, live boy."
  • Casey: "I believe that's a case of the flip flop calling the sandal black."
  • Ashleigh: "Maybe we can share him. I'll take the top half--wait, let me think that through."
  • Max: "Is it too hard for you?"
    Rusty: "Not really."
    Max: "Well, that's pretty arrogant."
  • Ashleigh: "Tell you what, I'll wear flats if you take out your chicken cutlets!"
  • Dale: "Oh, well, I used my last bottle of chloroform when I was on Murder, She Wrote."
  • Casey: "Ash likes to keep little mementos too, don't you?"
    Ashleigh: "I keep things that mean something to me--objects, not ex-boyfriends."
  • Ashleigh: "Yeah, we've seen each other through good times and bad. Like that time you hooked up with that 16-year-old! Oops!" (Ha, go Ashleigh!)
  • Dale (after describing Samir's failed attempt with the "dynamite"): "But I ended up getting in with this clothes hanger. I mean, it really couldn't have been easier."
  • Wow, all of a sudden Dobbler's doesn't serve alcohol underage people.
  • I think Max is Rusty's sole mate.

Premiere* Rating: 6.5/10

(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. This show is amazing! I look forward to watching it all week. I think that Casey and Evan should get back together! They were so cute together.Enjoi all eps Download Greek here..

    ReplyDelete