Monday, September 22, 2008

Premiere Watch '08: Heroes

Heroes: "The Second Coming" and "The Butterfly Effect"

Well, here we go again. I'm not going to lie and say I was at all bothered by the forced 8-month hiatus of Heroes. I took notes on tonight's 2-hour premiere episode for the sake of taking notes, but we all know that the only reason I'm still watching this show at all is because of actors I've loved from other, better shows: David Anders (Alias), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Greg Grunberg (Alias) and now Francis Capra (Veronica Mars).

  • Why did Claire think she could shoot Peter with a regular gun? Was she born yesterday?
  • Eew, one Peter is enough. I don't need two.
  • Ahh, Hiro, I have not missed you at all. Geez, Hiro acts like a 5-year-old. It's ridiculous. "My father left me a DVD before he died. It's about my destiny!!!!" Gag.
  • Sylar: "That's all behind me now, like a long night after a bad taco."
  • Wait, Maya still here? Crap.
  • Mohinder: "I just hope I did the right thing." (I'm sure you didn't.)
  • Hiro's dad: "In the wrong hands, this secret could destroy the world." Ok, yeah, great idea then, giving it to Hiro. If his aren't the wrong hands, I don't know whose are.
  • Holy crap, this stuff is even stupider than when he was stuck in feudal Japan.
  • Yep, Hiro has the precious formular for all of 10 seconds before it gets stolen. That's the very definition of "the wrong hands."
  • Is future Peter shorter than present Peter?
  • Wow, Mohinder just solved the whole mystery of why some people have powers in 10 minutes? The mystery his dad was working on for years and years? Please.
  • Eagle Eye will never look as good as it does right now when it's held up next to Heroes.
  • Eew, I so don't need to see Sylar digging around in Claire's brain.
  • Hang on, if the cheerleader isn't like the other and can never die, why'd we spend the whole first season trying to save her (to save the world)? I guess that was a huge waste of time.
  • Kristen Bell? Are you here? KB?
  • Why does Future Peter talk like an 80-year-old Italian man?
  • Now poor Grunberg's stuck in the middle of nowhere... (career metaphor?)
  • I think I like Future Ando, what with stabbing Hiro and all.
  • Is that Weevil?!
  • Mohinder has super strength? My butt, he does.
  • After one hour: Can't we call it a day? I so do not need to see another hour of this show.
  • David Anders!!!!!!!!!!! Looking gorgeous as usual. With that 5 second clip of him, Heroes just bought themselves another hour of my time. Grrr.
  • Mrs. Petrelli (to Peter): "You never were as smart as you thought you were."
  • Oh, for crying out loud! Old Mohinder was hard to take, but New Mohinder is downright insufferable. Put on a damn shirt.
  • Maya is falling for Mohinder's "I'm-not-wearing-a-shirt-and-can-climb-on-the-walls" act? She's even dumber than I thought she was.
  • LOL at Grunberg going all bobble-heady in the dessert.
  • KB!!!!!!!!! KB!!!!!!!!!! There she is!!
  • Somebody needs to remind Hayden and Milo that their characters are supposed to be related. It's kinda getting gross.
  • Nathan (sees Nikki): "Speaking of sin."
  • OMG--Veronica and Weevil in the same scene!!! And she walked right past him! No, KB, help Weevil! You owe him. Or he owes you. It's hard to remember...
  • Wow, watching Weevil/Peter yell at Sylar to leave Veronica/Elle alone seemed strangely fitting. If I shut off my brain just enough, it was almost like I was watching another, far superior show. It was nice.
  • If Peter permanently turned into Weevil, I'd like Heroes a lot better.
  • What are you supposed to do now, Elle, you ask? Find that "Peter" fellow, move to Neptune, buy him a motorcycle, and start solving crimes!
  • Bet you're going to want to keep your shirt on now that your skin's melting off, Mohinder.
  • Oh, thank goodness Grunberg didn't really just read the turtle's mind. I was about to turn off the TV.
  • Hey, another guy who can paint the future, which is convenient because they killed off the other one of those.
  • So Nathan is being haunted by Linderman now? That's just aces.
  • I don't think there's been a scene with Claire yet that hasn't left me rolling my eyes.
  • So Sylar's Mrs. Petrelli's kid too, huh. Trying to decide if I care. Um, nope, I don't.

Premiere Rating: 3.5/10 (and all of those points were delivered by KB, Weevil, and the 5 seconds of David Anders)

No comments:

Post a Comment