Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Greek: Gelato Politics


Greek:

Pledge Allegiance

I know I should be over it by now, but I'm contin- ually surprised with how smart and funny this show can be. The "a-ha" moment in this episode was the scene between Max and Casey in the Zeta Beta kitchen. It was just so well written, so funny, and so sweet.

This episode was strong, because the three main plots (Casey/Frannie power struggle, Kappa Tau pledges versus actives, and Evan blackmailing Calvin's boyfriend) were all firing on all cylinders.

And between the Frannie/Casey scheming on this episode of Greek and the intense political machinations on Gossip Girl the other night, I feel like I'm ready to take over the world.
  • Ashleigh: "You can't stop smiling. It's like your face is broken!"
  • Beaver: "Thanks, Spitter, you're the breast--I mean best!"
    Ben: "Good one, Beav."
  • I just saw Beaver on an episode of Gilmore Girls playing Rory's jogger roommate's large boyfriend who Paris hated. I hadn't realized that he was Beav.
  • Rusty: "Mail call. My pledge brothers are about to receive my package." (Oh, Rusty...)
  • Max's hair was not good on first date night.
  • Holy cow about that wine list! That stuff was pricey. I wonder how long until Evan blows through his trust fund and has to get a job leading campus tours with Ashleigh.
  • No wonder Rusty and Ben are ticked off, I've never seen that one kid (who is supposedly in their pledge class) before in my life. He can't have been contributing much.
  • Wow, these pledges are easily placated. They're that excited about camping out in the house? Suckers.
  • Uh, which Shakespeare play are they going to be watching? Because most Shakespeare plays really are not that romantic.
  • (Gasp!) They drank three bottles of $400 wine!
  • Calvin: "I don't mind that you're poor. I'd just prefer that you not use the word 'lavish' again. It's weird."
  • Casey: "The stereo only ejects CDs if the car's in reverse. It's good for the environment that way, I guess; it's a hybrid."
  • Beaver: "They just mooned us."
    Cappie: "Yeah, everyone except for Rusty; he just showed his underpants."
  • Max: "If you need to make a call, check with Brutus; he's wearing a Bluetooth headset."
  • Casey: "She's Karl Rove with hair extensions." (I haven't heard a good comparison between a school girl and Karl Rove since The O.C. when Seth Cohen compared him to Taylor Townsend.)
  • Ashleigh: "Mmm, gelato's way better that collages!"
  • Pledge (about the loud yodeling music): "The cops ain't coming, man. They probably just think it's an Omega Chi party."
  • They played "I Never" on Veronica Mars. But it was a drinking game. And it didn't get this heated.
  • Aww, poor Casey, throwing water on Frannie was perfectly understandable, but she's not showing the best side of herself to Max.
  • Casey: "I can't do it anymore, Max. I can't compete with Sarah. She was a world-saving Buddhist philosopher who died tragically young from cancer. Last week, I got visibly upset because someone dribbled coffee on my Entertainment Weekly."
    Max: "Well, nobody likes stains." (If it was the EW with Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester on the cover, I think Casey's anger was completely justifiable.)
  • Casey: "You like me because I'm alive? Pretty broad criteria."
  • Max: "Should we go finish that girl off?"
  • Arrowhead: "Does free will even exist?" (I was wondering the same thing after puppet master Chuck played all the other Upper East Siders like fiddles on GG last night.)
(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment