Sunday, September 28, 2008

Premiere Watch '08: Desperate Housewives

Desperate Housewives: "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow"

  • Well, the car crash made for a dramatic opening.
  • Ok, Andrew definitely doesn't look 5 years older
  • What happened to Lynette's other kids? In addition to evil Kayla, there was the other boy (whose name I forget) and Penny.
  • There's something reassuring in knowing that Lynette's twins are just as annoying 5 years in the future as they were in the past/present.
  • Edie: "Oh, you didn't know? I have a husband now."
    Susan: "Whose?"
  • How did Gabby have these children? I thought that she couldn't have children after she fell down the stairs and had a miscarriage. That's why they used the maid as a surrogate (and then Carlos had an affair with her).
  • Edie's husband has something cooking. I bet he married Edie just to have an "in" on Wisteria Lane.
  • How did Danielle get a lawyer to marry her?
  • I had a feeling that Mike wasn't dead. We're not that lucky. The reason they broke up is kind of interesting though. (More original than other TV breakups.)
  • Susan's kid is supposed to be 5? He looks much younger than that to me.
  • Who's the one person who should be afraid of Edie's husband? I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's Lynette. (Ha ha, she annoys the heck out of me.)

It was an OK episode. I can't say I'm super excited about the 5 year time jump, but I'm not opposed to it either. I'd appreciate it if they'd play by the rules they set up for themselves though (Lynette's other kids, Gaby not being able to have children, etc.). I guess they are expecting that we've forgotten all about this stuff by now.

The award for the most horrible person of the night goes to Gabby for making her 4-year-old walk home behind the car. Not cool.

Premiere Rating: 5.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment