Monday, August 13, 2007

SYTYCD: Pasha, please don't go!


Hmm, well, all of my TV watching tonight has been extremely soured by Pasha getting the boot from So You Think You Can Dance.

Nooooooooo, not my dancing Russian Ryan Atwood!

I fully agree that Neil and Danny are both really, really, really good dancers, but, in my opinion, they kind of cancel each other out. If I watch Neil dance, I have no great urge to then see Danny and vice versa. Pasha, on the other hand, is a totally different flavor, which is why I thought he should be in the finale (so much so that I actually voted for the first time this season). And he made such a cute nerdy hip-hopper...

No surprise that Lauren was eliminated. She's really improved the last few weeks, but I never thought she could surmount the tremendous momentum that both Lacey and Sabra have been riding basically since the competition began.

Grr. While I think the overall quality of the dancing this year might be better than that of last year, I have not been nearly as captivated by the dancer's personalities this time around. That is, except for Pasha, who is such a sweetie. And now he's gone :-(

I won't be watching the finale with all that much interest in who wins. I'd like to see a girl win, especially now that the two final guys seem really similar to me. I'm not always as enthusiastically riding the Sabra bandwagon as everyone else seems to be, but I'm also not sure I want another Schwimmer to win. It seems weird to not care who wins after watching and enjoying so much of this competition--especially since last year I absolutely loved three of the top four dancers and really liked the fourth dancer. I guess I'll just wait and see how it goes on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment