Monday, August 27, 2007

Kyle XY: Hallucinating, Keclan, and skinny pants


Kyle XY:
Hmm, you can tell we're approaching the end of Kyle XY's summer season because things are getting intense and Kyle's striking out on his own to save the world for the good of the Tragers. I guess there weren't a whole lot of new revelations emerging in this episode, but it was interesting to see Kyle's inner battle about whether he owes Jessi his help. But, first things first:

Kyle's pants were really skinny tonight! When did Kyle get so trendy?

I liked how Kyle told Amanda that there wasn't anything physical going on between him and Jessi and she just decided to believe him without asking the obvious question, "Then why in the heck were the two of you lifting up your shirts in front of each other when I walked in the room?" Seems to me that she deserved some sort of explanation for that strange behavior.

Speaking of the lifting up of shirts and such things: I like Josh and Andy together, but watching them making out and groping each other was just awkward and kinda gross. Especially because Kyle and Amanda have been in love with each other for over a year and we've only seen them kiss like twice!

Speaking of Kyle and Amanda not kissing: Amanda is having a hard time deciding whether to go away to school or stay with Kyle and she decides to play the piano to help figure it out. Umm, how about you make out with your gorgeous boyfriend for awhile? I know kissing Kyle would sure help my decision-making process...

Speaking of illogical strategies: Lori's goal for her big revenge on Jessi is to ruin Jessi's reputation? Like, how could you make Jessi's reputation any worse? Everyone already thinks she's weird and creepy.

Speaking of weird and creepy: Back to Josh and Andy. I'm pretty sure he said that it was the last time he could touch "them boobs." Was that ridiculous grammatical error not worthy of doing another take on that scene?

Cool that Kyle now has the power to hallucinate himself having philosophical conversations with anyone he wants. Or, um, he's becoming schizophrenic. Unfortunately, all Dream Adam can do is ask questions and restate what we already know, which is not super helpful.

While Kyle clearly is more in control of his special abilities, I've noticed that Jessi has certainly surpassed him in the ability to express human emotion. This episode really did a lot for turning her fairly unsympathetic character into someone you really felt sorry for.

And back to the mythology... It was nice that Nicole and Steven finally realized that something is still going on with Kyle. I'm a little confused though why Foss can withstand the brain scan thing but the general consensus is that Kyle wouldn't be able to take it? I guess they're going to use it at a higher power, maybe.

Good quotes:
Amanda: "Kyle, usually the whole multiple question thing is cute, but I'm really struggling here."

Hilary: "The intensity of the Kyle/Declan friendship--we'll call it 'Keclan'--helped ruin the Lori/Declan relationship."

Declan: "You really want to run this metaphor into the ground, don't you?"
Lori: "It's what I do."
and boy is that the truth....

Greek:
I enjoyed Dale IMing Rusty while they were both in the same room, because the IMing-your-roommate-while-you're-both-in-the-room thing definitely does happen sometimes.

Other highlights were Clark Duke singing (rather well), the band name "Darwin Lied," Rusty asking what in the hell kind of show they were putting on (because I was also confused about that), and this rather astute observation about the strippers and their money:

Rusty: "Look where she's putting those bills!"
Other guy: "Which will be put right back in to circulation. By the end of the week it could be under some kid's pillow."

Yuck.

My Boys:
This episode was all right. It lost major points from me though with it's handling of the Mary Lou Retton leotard. Although I'm a hardcore gymnastics fan, I do enjoy a good gymnastics joke... but this scenario didn't result in any. They did do a good job of making fun of Brendan's behavior though (ex. calling him "Seacrest"). I thought it was kind of weird that they spent a good portion of the episode skewering Sex and the City, seeing as that's the show that comes on right after My Boys on TBS. I suppose that was the 'in-joke.' Some of the SATC spoof was pretty funny, especially how P.J. thought all of those women were horrible.

Oh, and didn't P.J. do the "player gets called up to the majors" metaphor before? Like, at least five other times? I've said it before: the voice over has got to go, folks.

But, the big news: Michael Landes is in next week's ep! Yea! I love Lois & Clark's original Jimmy Olsen! First Jeremy Sisto and now this! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment