Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Damages: 'This is going to be a shitty week.'

Damages:
Observations....
  • Ha ha ha. I love Patty's reaction to receiving a grenade in the mail: "This is going to be a shitty week."
  • Maybe it's the Alias fan in me, but I was expecting the package to at least contain someone's severed finger... I mean, come on now.
  • Hmm, Katie's a little skanky. Ohh, and her boyfriend's a little married. Great.
  • Why do I always feel like Jimmy Cooper could use some help from Sandy Cohen?
  • I thought it was hilarious that Patty's son hacked in to the school computer system and even managed to get the passwords to personal faculty email accounts! Score!
  • The family therapist has some sort of uncanny resemblance to Joaquin Phoenix. I miss Joaquin...
  • Why is Patty so creepy about everything involving family and personal lives. Is she bipolar?
  • Uh oh, Patty mentioned the bookends. That can't be good.
  • Hmm, Patty has a bad history with disgruntled CEOs. I guess that's no surprise. "Taking power away from a man is a dangerous thing. Someone always pays."
  • Patty's kid is just as creepy as she is. I knew she was involved in his "kidnapping" in some way. I didn't realize that he was behind the grenade though. But I'm not really sure that I care. Unless this kid somehow becomes relevant to the big story with Ellen, Ted Dansen, Katie, and the court case, I'm not sure I want to be wasting time delving into his story. I think I accidentally stopped paying attention during the scene with him and Patty in the restaurant. Oops.
  • If I were Ellen, I think I may have called off this engagement too. She and her fiance are so boring together.
  • I'm glad they brought back the big, showy, movie-esque music from the pilot for the flashback at the end. That music was my favorite part of the pilot, I think. But, oh dear, who was trying to kill Ellen? I hope it wasn't Jimmy Cooper...

Next week's episode looks intense! But this line cracked me up: "Would you characterize your life as one big blur of narcotics and intercourse?" Ha! I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment