Friday, August 17, 2007

SYTYCD: Congrats Sabra!!!


So You Think You Can Dance:
Wow! I really thought this competition was anyone's game, but I was still stunned that Sabra pulled out the win! Good for her! I'm glad that a girl finally won it this time around. And I think it's awesome that Sabra's only been dancing for four years. That means, four years from now, none of us will have an excuse for not winning SYTYCD.

Also, I think Sabra deserves the $250,000 for all the times Dominic dropped her (especially that really nasty time her head smacked the floor in the middle of the group number).

I was surprised that Lacey finished in fourth place. That means she ties her cousin Heidi's finish last year! I was really glad though that it came down to Sabra and Danny, because I thought they really deserved to be the top two. Good job on this one, America!

My highlights of the evening:

  • the Pasha/Lauren Transformers hip hop routine
  • the Pasha/Sara West Coast Swing routine
  • the flashback to the audition when they made that one guy do a swing dance--that was the funniest, awesome-ist moment of the season
  • the Sara/Jesus hobos routine (I'd kind of forgotten about that one. It's cool that Sara was in three of the judges' favorite dances.)
  • the Danny/Lacey samba (or was it a mambo?)

The lowlight of the evening: there was a Pussycat Doll in a box! Eeeeeeeew! I can't watch that!

And, speaking of gross musical acts, what in the hell has happened to Ryan Cabrera's hair? It used to be kind of suspect, but now it's hideous!

I'm bummed that another season of SYTYCD has wrapped up already! This show is so much fun; even though I wasn't as engrossed as I was last season, I'm really going to miss it. It's sooooooo much better than Dancing with the Stars, but somehow that show does multiple cycles each year, while SYTYCD is only on in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment