Monday, October 26, 2009

Greek: A Cyprus-Rhodes Thanksgiving


Greek:
"The Wish-Pretzel"

It's Thanks- giving on Greek! There is a long and storied history of great Thanksgiving-themed television episodes. My favorites include The O.C.'s epic "The Homecoming" episode, Gossip Girl's solid season 1 Thanksgiving episode, the episode of The Cosby Show where Cliff had to keep going out in the rain for groceries, the fantastic Thanksgiving episode of Now and Again, the episode of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai and Rory ate four (three?) Thanksgiving dinners, and the list goes on.

While it's a little odd to see a Thanksgiving episode a month or so early, I really enjoyed Greek's Thanksgiving effort. Beaver, Wade and Heath were hilarious. Evan was gorgeous. Dale caused some trouble...what's not to love? Oh, that's right, the ending. Sorry, folks, but I've been unequivocally on Team Evan ever since he stopped hitting other people's sweet little brothers with paddles. I fell off the Cappie/Casey bandwagon a couple of mini-seasons ago when I grew tired of their longing stares. I still like them both though, so I figured I'd be okay with their pairing, but when they kissed at the end of the episode, I realized I wasn't. It will be okay though; I'll get over it. (As long as Greek doesn't force the Evan/Rebecca pairing. I will seriously barf.)

The highlights and my other observations:
  • Rebecca: "You could pay me to stay longer, but I don't have an electric bill."
  • So Casey's going home and Rusty's not? Ha ha ha! Their parents went to Maui and Casey didn't know about it because she doesn't listen to her mom's or Rusty's voicemail messages.
  • Hey, if Casey wants to sleep with someone, she could just sleep with Dale. Just throwing that out there... (Actually, now that Dale's back to his Christian ways, I guess he's abstaining again.)
  • Geez, Evan's so cute. And that shirt is really working for him.
  • Evan: "I'll drive! Get it?"
    Cappie: "Well, that'd be funny if you still had your car."
    Evan: "Yeah. You should drive."
    Cappie: "Yeah, I will."
  • Evan's not doing so well with his attempts at golf puns lately.
  • Rebecca: "You really do think that your life is a romantic comedy, don't you?"
  • Wow, the KT house is the place to be! Wade, Beaver and Heath are all still there!
  • Yes, it's okay for you to try for the grant, Rusty.
  • If Rebecca has a rain machine, how can she even hear the creepy house noises?
  • That's nice of Casey to volunteer by delivering Thanksgiving meals to the elderly.
  • Ha ha at the KTs totally misinterpreting the clue about the pool table.
  • Cappie: "'...I'm hiding under the trash can in the smelliest room of the house.'"
    Heath: "The bathroom!"
    Wade: "The kitchen!"
    Beaver: "Could be anywhere."
  • There are an awful lot of people in the lab on Thanksgiving! I know they're science geeks, but this is ridiculous! There are like 30 people in that room. It's Thanksgiving!
  • How did Cappie not know that Heath is graduating? I've know that for months.
  • Beaver: "You didn't know, Cap? I thought you knew everything. I'm so disillusioned right now."
  • Heath: "And if anyone's secretly gay and wants to declare their love for me, that would be the time."
  • Cappie had Evan's phone number filed under "LAME-bers" in his cell phone. Ha!
  • I knew that Cappie bailing on Evan would send Evan right to Casey! YEA!
  • Yeah, I really don't think that Rusty would want Evan showing up to his Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Beaver, Cappie and Wade's reactions to Heath's suggestion to steal all of the Omega Chi's underwear were hilarious.
  • Beaver: "You don't want to prank the Omega Chis. It's like Bizarro Cappie!"
  • Beaver: "You used to live for risk! And Shoots and Ladders!"
  • Ha ha ha ha!!! That guy put on Ashleigh's hideous cloud cardigan!!!!
  • Casey: "Well, looks like all he took was that one shirt. What an odd choice!"
  • Noooooooooooo, Casey! Don't push Evan away! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! OH, I am so saddened by this turn of events! Wrong choice, Casey! Wrong choice...
  • Rebecca: "I chased him for three blocks before I realized we're doing Ash a favor by letting him keep that shirt."
  • Heath: "No Omega Chi is stepping foot in this house without getting pounded! ...by my fist! ...in the face! I don't know..."
  • Aww! The KT's Thanksgiving meal is like the one in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving! How adorable is that!
  • Aww, poor Evan.
  • Aren't there lights in this lab? Dale and Rusty are working in the dark! Rusty better get that bulb to light up, or they're not going to be able to find their way out of the room!
  • The fractured state of Rusty/Dale hurts my heart.
Sometimes I am so in tune with the powers that be at Greek that I think they read my blog--like when they randomly bring back and ruthlessly mock Ashleigh's heinous cloud/rainbow sweater that I've made fun of on numerous occasions (such as here and here). But then they go and put Casey back with Cappie, and it's clear that they're not listening to me at all :-P

Uh oh, the preview for next week makes it look like they kill somebody or something. I hope it's not Fisher! Or Beaver! Or Dale! Or Heath! (Oh no, it totally could be Heath since he's graduating and presumably leaving the show anyway!)

I'm bummed that next episode is the finale of this mini-season. I'm going to miss my favorite college kids.
(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about this episode (as usual..lol).
    Cappie/Evan frienship..whatever relationship stays my favorite part of this show (i am an Evan/Cappie shipper..said it !)

    I like Casey and Cappie and after two/three seasons (i don't remember with all their half-seasons thing)the rooting couple (and their many shippers) deserve to be/see them together..+ i admit they have a cute chemistry so i don't mind.
    But poor cute/little Evan..sigh..why Casey has not a twin really ? LOL.
    However i don't want to see my Evan (yeah i know..pathetic..can't help myself) with Rebecca. PERIOD. They doesn't click together, Rebecca is a bitchy cute girl but Evan deserve to be with a girl more..more..more what ! lol

    Love the KT (why not Beaver with Rebecca i'd like that not you ?) and Dale is an awesome geeky boy as always !!

    ReplyDelete