Thursday, October 22, 2009

Greek: A Four Pack of Disaster


Greek:
"Fight the Power"

I liked this episode (although, to be fair, do I ever actually not like an episode of Greek?), but I've had more than enough of this whole "the ZBZs are fourth, and it's a big disaster" story line. But of course I'm going to like an episode that featured this much Evan/Casey interaction as well as a healthy smattering of Dale.

Highlights and my observations:

  • Ashleigh: "Look at the happy faces on all the children!"
  • Beaver: "It's harder than it looks. You have to stop drinking at the end of the snore."
    Heath: "Or you get penalized."
    Beaver: "Ha, you just said penalized!"
  • Beaver: "You're on the moon right now, aren't you! You're a hologram!"
  • Evan: "Fore!"
    Ashleigh: "We get it, we're number four. You don't have to rub it in."
  • Evan: "You know, some people appreciate my sense of humor."
    Ashleigh: "Some people appreciate Crocs."
  • Evan: "Oh, and watch out for those sand traps! ...That wasn't funny at all."
  • Lana messing with Rusty is pretty entertaining.
  • Cappie: "Again, can you just assure me that we're not having sex with Spitter tonight?"
  • Good for Cappie for leaving money on the table instead of dining and dashing. (That would probably be a bad thing to do at an establishment that they frequent.)
  • Except for Evan and Calvin, these Omega Chis are a bunch of jerks.
  • Hahahaha! Ashleigh's dress has a lobster on it! I kinda love it.
  • I can't believe everyone in the sorority sits down and eats dinner at the same time! Does that actually happen anywhere in real life (in sororities)?
  • Ashleigh: "And then I introduced her to tweezers, and she stole my boyfriend."
  • Rusty: "I never watched so many episodes of one TV show since that Joan of Arcadia marathon with my parents."
  • Rusty is kind of acting like he recently sustained a head wound.
  • Rusty: "Oooh! That whale just ate that whole seal!"
  • Ok, Calvin, let's just kick that Grant to the curb. I'm totally over him. Calvin needs to hook back up with Heath before he graduates.
  • DALE!!!!
  • Can Rusty please date Lana? Because that would be all kinds of awesome.
  • Frown-y cupcakes! I think being fourth is worth it if the ZBZs get free baked goods!
  • Lana: "I don't date guys with issues."
    Dale: "Someone without a college degree shouldn't be so choosy."
  • It is kind of curious that the Omega Chis put up with Evan when he was super rich and very mean, but now that he's nice and poor, they're planning a mutiny.
  • No wonder the Gamma Psis are the new number one sorority--they've got a bowl full of chocolate bunnies in their living room!
  • Ha ha, Dale at a strip club.
  • Dale: "Hi, I have a friend of mine I'd like to introduce you too! His name is Jesus, and He pays much greater dividends than those dollar bills in your underpants."
  • This is quite a fancy party.
  • Rebecca: "What was that? Do you have something against mid-fielders?"
  • Oh HELL nooooooooooooooooooo!!! DO. NOT. START. ANYTHING. WITH. EVAN. AND. REBECCA! I will LITERALLY barf!
  • Rusty: "Are you growing up?"
    Cappie: "You shut your damn mouth!"
  • I think Rusty has lost his darn mind. He seriously seems like he's been concussed recently.
  • Katherine: "My policy on parties is basically a 5-minute walk-through, but I rather enjoyed the caricatures this evening and he captured my likeness, so I stayed a little longer."
  • This Natalie girl (the Gamma Psi president) kind of cracks me up too. The Gamma Psis seem like an entertaining bunch. I'd rather watch them than Rebecca and the annoying ZBZ pledges.
  • Dale: "Why was that dollar bill wet?"
  • Now Rusty has a head wound! He finally has an excuse for how strangely he's acting.
  • Dale: "Jesus knows how to party! The dude makes His own wine."
  • It's nice to see Dale back to his old prostelytizing.
  • Ha ha at Cappie, Rusty and Dale doing shots of sparkling cider.
  • So Rusty really can't date Lana now that Cappie doesn't want her anymore?
  • Dale: "Oh no, I think I see where this is headed."
  • Ashleigh: "And they sleep where they poop. You can't trust a bunny."
And--what has it been now?--nine or so episodes after Casey dumped her boyfriend for him, it looks like Cappie is finally going to get around to try to get with her in next week's episode. Ugh, I want to like the prospect of Casey finally getting with Cappie, but I'm just so tired of him. I feel like we've had at least four different versions of Evan so far during the run of Greek, but Cappie has remained basically the same this whole time. Not that it's a bad thing that Cappie hasn't veered from jerk to sweetie to paddle-hitter to depressed guy and then back to sweetie--it means that Cappie is actually the more stable of the two. But it also means that we've had an awful lot of exposure to Cappie's shtick. And, while I still find him funny, I've grown tired of his overall act. (And Evan is just so cute!)
So are we headed for the re-pairing of Cappie and Casey, to be followed by her drifting towards Evan due to a combination of Cappie's Cappie-ness and Evan's sweetness (in other words, a complete repeat of what happened during their freshman year)?
(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog!!!!!!!! I like Greek show very much. I like to watch all the seasons and episodes of this show. The concept and story of this show is mind blowing. I watch this show online. Whenever i miss any episode of this show then i use this blog to watch and download greek episodes from ths website.

    ReplyDelete