Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I Love Veronica!

Ahh, a Tuesday with new Gilmore and Veronica! Savor it, boys and girls, because there may not be too many more of them. Which is just freaking wrong, by the way.

Gilmore Girls:
Oh, Rory, I know how you feel. Go ahead and hide under your covers (with your unfinished blue book), I won't hold it against you at all. I must confess, however, that I do find it a bit gratifying to see this girl who has had everything she's ever wanted handed to her on a silver platter floundering a bit now. She'll make it though. There are more that three newspapers in the country, for crying out loud.

I'm still so over Luke. And I remember exactly when I started to detest him: that episode where he bought those stupid self-help books on tape. Ugh. That was three years ago and he's still not working for me. L/L still seems so awkward to me. It always has. I almost find myself longing for the days Max Medina :-) Or Digger. Digger!

And, as for Lorelai, while I would have expected her to sing something a little funkier than "I Will Always Love You" at karaoke night, to quote Zach, Lauren Graham does have some serious pipes! And the look on her face at the end when Logan said he wants to marry Rory and move her to San Fran--- just give the woman her freaking Emmy already! Seriously.

Veronica Mars:
It's back!!! It's back!! Yea!!!!! And Pizonica is totally on! Good for Piz. He's such a nice kid and I think Veronica could use a little nice in her life right now--especially when Parker and Logan seem to be making it their personal duties to rub her face in their relationship and guilt her into hanging out with them. Why did she have to go to Parker's stupid birthday party? Hasn't Veronica done enough for that girl, what with solving the Hearst rape case and all?

Can I just say, though, Veronica rocks! She is such a badass--paintballing the stupid paintball kids, picking up the Arab restaurant worker guy's pictures at the One Hour Photo... Wow, I wish Veronica were a real person and my friend! I would totally just follow her around all day long. She's so freaking interesting.

I thought Papa Mars was a bit of a drag tonight, but I guess somebody has to keep the underagers out of the bars, lest they get drunk and stumble into the street. Cool how he fired four corrupt deputies. When Sheriff Lamb was there, I really don't remember there being that many deputies working in the police station though. It always seemed like it was just him and the deputy with the mustache. But whatever.

Funniest parts:
  • Logan's comment that he bought a special pen that highlights text in neon colors.
  • Logan and Mac making jokes about their good old times in high school like when Logan made a bet that he could turn Mac into the prom queen, but then fell in love with her :-)
  • Keith giving Wallace and Piz really bad fake IDs and Wallace saying, "We really don't all look alike, Mr. Mars."
  • Veronica and Dick in the elevator. Like Mac, I was almost afraid something was going to happen with Veronica and Dick. Thank goodness Veronica is much, much, much too smart for that.
  • Mac and Max, (What's Mac doing? She has that cute save-the-animals boyfriend...) especially Max's "My friends didn't pay you, did they?" You can't blame him for asking; there is precedent.

Oh and is Piz's name really Stosh? Stosh? That's awful. No wonder he goes by Piz, which is also pretty freaking bad.


And finally, Law and Order: Criminal Intent is terrible! They had Jimmy Cooper playing an astronaut and the show was still unwatchable! The story line was blatantly stolen from the news and the dialogue was cumbersome at best. The rotund detective guy could barely get his lines out. And the lady cop sidekick is not any better. Yikes. I think everyone who was watching L&O: CI instead of Veronica Mars last night should have to publicly stand up and account for their poor taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment