Friday, May 11, 2007

Another Gilmore Milestone

Gilmore Girls:
Wow. The second-to-last episode ever. I can't wrap my head around life without the Gilmores. Congrats to Rory on her graduation from Yale. This graduation ceremony wasn't the tear-jerker that her Chilton commencement was, but it was still a lovely moment. And it was all the more appropriate because I was watching the episode in Delaware with my girls who themselves will be graduating in a couple weeks :-)

Rory does seem to have bad luck relationship-wise on her graduation days. She broke up with Jess around the time she graduated from high school, and now Logan's on the way out too. I agree with her decision to decline his proposal for the time being... I mean, what is the rush? But I was a little shocked the Logan turned it into an all-or-nothing situation. Was that necessary? If he really loves her that much, how can he be willing to just cut her out of his life completely? I don't really understand, but whatever; good riddance, Logan.

I liked that Christopher was back for this episode. I find it odd though that only a few months later Chris and Lorelai seem to have already moved on from their failed marriage, while Lorelai and Luke are still all messed up. Like, geez, Luke, just because Lorelai is telling Miss Patty and Babette that her karaoke song didn't mean anything, it doesn't mean that's how she really feels. Like she would tell Miss Patty and Babette the truth about that?

My favorite part was when Chris said he didn't think GiGi is ready for The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll. Ha! Take that, CW.

Better get the kleenex ready for next week's series finale :-( It's going to be hard to say goodbye.

Veronica Mars:
I love this show. It's a triumph, really. Even this week when there was not much mystery in either of the two cases, the show still made for a very entertaining hour.

Yea for Paul Rudd. I have great affinity for him; he is, after all, Josh from Clueless, one of my favorite movies ever. He was hilarious as the washed-up rocker. His radio interview with Piz alone was fantastic. First, he asks the girl in the food court to show him her boobs, then he admits to using drugs and alcohol to get him through the day, and then he points out that a campus Jewish group's initials are S.S. Oy vey.

I also very much enjoyed Dick's online video of himself dancing next to his moving car and running over his own foot. And I do like the Mac and Max combo. Mopey Logan was a little annoying, what with his wondering whether Veronica cheated on him with Piz. No, Logan dear, infidelity is your thing, not 'Ron's. And 'Ron was too busy surveilling Logan to have time to cheat on him :-)

Piznarski is such a sweetie which, according to Paul Rudd, was why he had no women, but now he's got one! Woot! (And Chris Lowell and Kristin Bell are just as adorable in real life! Their interview on cwtv.com is hilarious. Best part is Kristin comparing her seeing Chris to Queen Elizabeth seeing the deer in The Queen. Fantastic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment