Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Don't leave us, Veronica Mars!

Hmm... I definitely thought I must have blogged about the Sunday night finales and Heroes, but apparently I did not. Well, I don't have much to say other than I don't care that Edie maybe committed suicide on DH at all (I only wonder if she'll take over narration for Mary Alice). And the big Heroes explosion climax was "super" disappointing and fairly illogical. Why could Peter just suddenly not control the nuclear power he'd had for days? Oh, never mind. I'm not going to get into it.

And I suppose I've been avoiding blogging about the Veronica Mars "season" finale because I just don't want to admit that it is over (save for some eleventh hour act of God...I'm holding out hope). Come on, people, this show is too good to be canceled--and last Tuesday's two hour chunk of Veronica proved it! So good. But so not an appropriate series finale. Come on, CW, do the right thing. Three words: Mid. Season. Replacement. (Actually, the real reason the blog is late is that I've watched basically the entire first season of VM in less than a week.... yeah, I have no life.)

Weevil's Wobble:
First things first: I love Veronica and Weevil's relationship. The Weevil/Veronica favor cycle is one of the foundations of this show (and I should know because I'll I've done for the past week is watch Season 1... yeah, bragging about that doesn't make me cool, I know). And "Weevil, you're wobbling" is classic. Why is the kid nicknamed "Weevil" anyway? Did I miss that exposition during my Season 1 marathon?

Ann's favorite part--
Veronica: I read in Teen People that a smooth shave drives the boys wild!
Mac: Well, I read in FHM that boys like bare breasts.
Veronica: Bare breasts, you say? Huh. I did not know that.

and then at the beach...
Dick (to Veronica): Hi, hot legs!
Mac: Chalk one up for Teen People.


Ann's least favorite part--
Veronica's overalls! Ugh! Those things were even worse than the suspenders-shorts combo she wears in the CW promo. My sister says that between those two outfits, she will forever associate Kristin Bell with suspenders :-)

While I do love Piz, I have to confess that Logan beating the crap out of him was pretty hot. Not that I'm condoning violence. And after living and breathing Veronica Season 1, I recognize that beating people up is Logan's way of showing that he cares (well, not for the people he's beating up...). He's like Ryan Atwood, only much more antagonistic!

When I watched this last week, I was pretty over Logan, but you just can't watch Season 1 and not emerge hardcore LoVe. There's no way.

Oh and Piz's "Rob Thomas is a whore" was hysterical. I was too busy agreeing with him about Matchbox 20's lead singer to get the inside joke that Veronica's creator's name is also Rob Thomas. Sneaky and hilarious :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment