Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No Rest For The Weary

Wow. Summer TV is out of control. Literally just three days after Peter Petrelli blew sky high, two days after Veronica's fantastic but completely inconclusive finale, and one night after Lost's insane capstone to season three, the networks trotted out their summer programing. I, personally, would have appreciated a quick break before diving into So You Think You Can Dance, Hidden Palms, Kyle XY, etc. But, oh well. It's like having too much candy at once--you just learn to deal with it.

So You Think You Can Dance:
This show sucked me in something awful last summer. (And I still cannot believe that it's been a whole year since my Benji/Travis/Heidi obsession.) So far I've pretty much resisted getting sucked in, but I'm sure that now that they've set the top 20, I'm going to fall head over heels for these darn dancing kids. By the way, I like SYTYCD muuuuch better than Dancing with the Stars because these people are all actually good. Or at least they're supposed to be.

Hidden Palms:
This is not The O.C. I still fail to see why the producers decided make an O.C. look-alike starring the actor who played one of The O.C.'s most despised characters (Oliver) and then name his character after another of The O.C.'s most despised characters (Johnny). It just seems like you're voluntarily associating yourself with bad memories. Oh and saying things like "Nobody likes a stalker" definitely doesn't help us disassociate this poor guy from his past as Oliver.

I don't like the love interest girl or the dopey "smart" girl or Johnny's rehab ex girl. But Cliff a.k.a. The O.C.'s Zach is hilarious! Who knew this guy could blend charm and evil so enticingly? His "I sense some hostility, Johnny. They'll be none of that." was last week's highlight.

Kyle XY:
I love Kyle XY. And not just because it's so easy to have impure thoughts about Kyle. Ok, that might be most of it, actually. The season two opener was good, but it always takes shows a while to wrap up what they've started in the previous season's finale. I'm hoping there will be less seriousness and some more of dopey Kyle coming up. I prefer my Kyle playing in the bathtub, excited by a merry-go-round, and baffled by how to wear his basketball shorts. Oh and it would be nice if they give Lori something else to do besides mope about Declan.

No comments:

Post a Comment