Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Greek: Spitting on Injustice...Figuratively.



Greek: "47 Hours and 11 Minutes"
Good episode. I really enjoyed the exploration into the Rusty/Casey/parents dynamic. It is interesting how everyone else thinks Casey's great and Rusty's a loser except Karen and Russell Cartwright, who think Rusty's perfect and Casey's "ridiculous." This situation has left both Casey and Rusty with some baggage, but it's nice to see them helping each other through it now. I really like it when Greek gets around to fleshing out (eew, maybe that's not the best term to use when talking about siblings...this isn't Brothers and Sisters or a Nabokov novel after all) Rusty and Casey's relationship.

And, G.D. (Dale joke, sorry), didn't Rusty bring his A-game in this episode! I don't know if Rusty's ever had so many funny lines in one episode. His attempts to keep the Cartwrights from find out what Kappa Tau is really like were hysterical. He wins the best lines of the night for:

Rusty: "[The fraternity] is closed this weekend because most of the guys are away in Mexico...building huts... It's for humanity...like Habitat for Humanity, but huts...so 'hubitat'."

and:

Karen (Rusty's mom): "Why did he call you 'Spitter'?"
Rusty: "That's my nickname... Yeah, I spit on injustice everywhere. Figuratively."

I can't say I was surprised that the K.T.s were able to successfully fake being a service frat for a night; they all are quite good at lying, sucking up, and B.S.ing. I also don't blame Casey for feeling the desperate need to expose them for what they are to her parents. A person can only listen to so much Kappa Tau-praise.

Best Dale Moment (notice how even when I'm raving about Rusty, I put a pic of Dale on my blog? I can't say "no" to that face...):

Dale: "When I told my parents about your descent into the Greek sect, my mother cried, and my father said 'G.D.' for the first time in his life."

Highlights/thoughts:
  • Freshman Parents Weekend seems like it's occurring awfully late in the year. I thought they were normally held a few weeks into the fall semester. These kids are practically done being freshmen at this point.
  • I didn't know/forgot that both of Rusty's parents are professors.
  • Casey: "This is the first I'm hearing about the biscotti! ...Does anyone like biscotti?"
  • Ohmygosh--Dale's parents brought an air mattress and are going to sleep on the floor in their dorm room!!!
  • Parent: "I bet the G.P.A. of your fraternity is near 4.0."
    Rusty: "I'm not sure if anyone has added it up."
    Casey: "Or could."
  • The geological tour girl was funny. Cappie/Rusty/Dale/Someone should date her.
  • Cappie referenced Amelia Bedelia.
  • Cappie/Casey seem to have an awful lot of heart-to-heart conversations.
  • Did Casey tell her parents nothing about Cappie? Yeah, probably not.
  • Beaver's gotten used to being "Charles"! And Beav is looking extra cute tonight.
  • Oh, Rebecca, don't interrupt Cappie when he's going to tell us what he's studying! We came this close to finally finding out what his major is. (I'm pretty sure that's something they're never going to tell us...or at least not for a long while.)
  • Cappie: "Why are you trying to make me look like Kevin Federline?"
  • Russell (Rusty's dad): "Did you know that Ben Bennett is a kidney donor?"
  • Dale: "I finally put on 'The Passion of the Christ' and said I was going to the bathroom... That was like an hour ago."
  • Rusty: "Growing up is not a punishable offense."
  • And, just to answer last week's question (even though I'm otherwise avoiding talking about Cappie and Rebecca), Rebecca ended up saying: "I think that I...you know, maybe, very possibly care about you." Ugh. At least it wasn't "I love you," but it was close to what I was fearing.
  • Rusty: "Now I want to see a menu, and I want to see it now."
  • I loved the last scene of Rusty and Casey making a mad dash out of the airport when they heard that their parents' flight had been delayed for 2 hours.

Why does ABC Family keep making Cappie/Rebecca scenes the hook at the end of the promos? Is them being gross supposed to make us want to watch? Eew. It doesn't. Stick to Casey or Rusty or Dale or solo Cappie.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment