Thursday, July 16, 2009

Updated--My Take On Emmy Nominations


Last week, I was kind enough to take a break from obsessively documenting the goings on of So You Think You Can Dance to compile a list of actors, presenters and shows who should have been nominated for Emmys. The official list of nominees was announced today, so let's see how well the people who pick the Emmy nominees did with following my directions...

Nominated:
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad: Supporting Actor, Drama
Breaking Bad: Outstanding Drama Series
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad: Lead Actor, Drama
Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?: Lead Actress, Comedy
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory: Lead Actor, Comedy
Lost: Outstanding Drama Series
Michael Emerson, Lost: Supporting Actor, Drama
Rose Byrne, Damages: Supporting Actress, Drama
Steve Carell, The Office: Lead Actor, Comedy

Undeniably screwed over:
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
January Jones, Mad Men

Snubbed:
Adam Baldwin, Chuck
B.J. Novak, The Office
Chi McBride, Pushing Daisies
Chuck
Gabrielle Anwar, Burn Notice
James Roday, Psych
Jennifer Esposito, Samantha Who?
Lee Pace, Pushing Daisies
Pushing Daisies
Zachary Levi, Chuck

I guess 9 out of 21 isn't too bad, as far as the Emmy nominations go. I was so appalled by the snub of January Jones though that I've been a bit soured toward the whole process. I mean, come on, if I had to pick the three actors who most deserved Emmy recognition for this year of television, she would definitely have been on that list. I will admit to doing a little happy dance for Aaron Paul and Breaking Bad though. And Jim Parsons was so cute this morning during the announcement when he realized he was nominated.

(photos: fox.com; amctv.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment