Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Big Bang Theory: Games People Play

The Big Bang Theory: "The Barbarian Sublimation"

This episode is one of the ones that I did manage to catch earlier in the year, but I decided to watch and blog it anyway. I'm glad I did, because this episode is hilarious. I think Sheldon managed to spend the entire half-hour saying nothing but wildly funny things. Jim Parsons = very deserving Emmy nominee.

Aside from my utter love of Sheldon, I enjoyed this episode because I think I like video game-themed sitcom episodes in general. The episode of Full House where the entire family became engrossed in playing Michelle's video game was pretty hilarious ("Go up!"/"It's a kayak, it doesn't go up!"/"It's enchanted, isn't it?"). Are there other stellar video game-themed episodes of TV shows? (If anyone is actually reading this and can think of one, feel free to leave a comment!)

Highlights (aka "Ode to Sheldon"):
  • Sheldon's knowledge of lock and key technology is impressive.
  • Penny: "...and just now when I was walking up the steps, a fly flew in my mouth and I ate it!"
  • Sheldon: "Well, let's see. She attempted to open her apartment with her car key because her face is overly Midwestern, she hasn't had sex in six months and she ate a fly."
  • Sheldon: "Level 3 and she thinks she's rich! What a newb."
  • Sheldon: "You can't slay the guard captain with the bronze dagger! My Lord, it's like the car key and your apartment door all over again."
  • Raj: "It's like some kind of weird comic book crossover."
  • Sheldon: "I can't wear different pajamas! These are my Monday pajamas."
  • Sheldon: "These Hungarians are just using you for dragon fodder."
  • Sheldon: "If it is a crime in ensure that the university's resources are not being squandered to chase sub-atomic geese, then I plead guilty."
  • Sheldon: "You have to do something about Penny. She's interfering with my sleep, she's interfering with my work, and if I had another significant aspect of my life, I'm sure she'd be interfering with that too."
  • Penny: "Fritz, I need you on my flank! ...I don't know German. Flanken Sie! Flanken Sie!"
  • Sheldon (about Leslie): "We have to concede her undeniably expertise in the interrelated fields of promiscuity and general sluttiness."
  • Sheldon trying to get a date for Penny but actually picking up the guy at the next table himself without realizing it was beyond hilarious.
  • Sheldon: "Wouldn't you prefer to socialize with Tom, who is a sexually passive outdoorsman?"

P.S.--Boo to CBS.com for not having photos from this episode posted in the photo gallery on The Big Bang Theory's page. Did they accidentally delete them like NASA did with the moonwalk video? (That was my attempt at a nerdy science analogy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment