Monday, June 1, 2009

Greek: Society Boys


Greek:
"Divine Secrets & the ZBZ Sisterhood"

This was a solid episode. I could have lived without Rebecca's I'm-a-lesbian-no-wait-I'm-not storyline (actually, I could live without pretty much all of Rebecca's storylines), but other than that, there was a lot of quality stuff in this episode. Standouts included Cappie's quip when Rusty said that he was holding something interesting behind his back, Dale's extreme reluctance to even pretend to be stupid, Evan and Cappie sliding a little further down the road to reconciliation, and Evan finally getting back to wearing ties everyday!

Highlights and my observations:

  • Heath choking on his drink when Cappie called Rusty a "douche-mover."
  • I kind of adore Heath. I don't remember him being this funny back when he was hooking up with Cal.
  • Cappie and Dale are phone buddies ;-)
  • Dale: "He did tell me to keep you away from Sheila though. As if you'd have a shot!"
  • Ahh, a collegiate secret society. How very Gilmore Girls/Veronica Mars...
  • Sadly, like Rebecca, I don't think I know Calvin's last name either.
  • Dale: "Alright, Sheila, I gotta go. Sounds like Rusty's right on the verge of another of his dangerous obsessions."
  • Dale: "I know what they're all about: pagan rituals and controlling the government. They're insidious. They're like the ACLU."
  • Cappie: "Run, gazelle! Run!"
  • Cappie calls Dale "Daley."
  • Rusty: "Cappie, I have something behind my back that's going to make you very happy."
    Cappie: "Sounds like Heath's department."
  • Cappie: "I watched my youth slip away looking for them."
  • Rusty: "We need your amazing instincts and street smarts."
    Dale: "No, we don't. We're geniuses. ...But please help us. I'm practically useless. I've got no sense of direction. I get lost in the apartment."
    Rusty: "Yes, that's true. It's almost like a learning disability."
    Dale: "OK! Let's--"
  • Rebecca: "When you ask for advice, is it really just an excuse to hear yourself talk?"
  • Rebecca: "I'm sure Osama bin Laden cried when his cat died, but that doesn't mean you should get in a cave with him!"
  • Rusty: "...he also notes that she has an excellent butt."
  • Dale: "Yeah, how exactly does one move douche?"
  • Lol, Dale brought holy water.
  • Cappie (mid-workout): "Just try to get me now, Mr. Cheetah!"
  • How does Robin have such long hair if she shaved her head in high school? That was only like, what 7 or 8 years ago?
  • Amphora's going to rue the day they picked Cappie. He is incapable of being respectfully quiet during a ceremony.
  • How exactly has Cappie distinguished himself? His quick wit and plethora of smart-ass one-liners? His extensive knowledge of pop culture? His extensive jewelry collection?
  • Evan! Amphora wants him too!
  • Aww, poor Frannie. Now I'm feeling a little sorry for her too. She just looked so sad.
  • Is Ashleigh somewhere that doesn't get cellphone reception? Just call her, Casey.
  • This new dude of Calvin's sure has a fixation with lifting up his shirt and showing other guys his chest and abs. If he is straight, he should seriously rethink that behavior.
  • Wow, no one has ever passed on joining Amphora before?
  • Ha ha, this secret society is a little low-rent.
  • Evan did the maps in Cappie's Amphora Society notebook. How sweet.
  • Rusty: "Knock it off, Cap."
    Cappie: "Right here? In front of you?"
  • Cappie: "Sorry, Dr. Phil, you lost me at the part where it kinda sounded like you made out with your own sister."
  • Cappie: "I just think that the way you handled the Andy situation was kind of lame. And a bit Evan-escent."
  • Calvin: "You know with metrosexuality and emo rockers wearing eyeliner and bromantic comedies, these modern times have gotten pretty confusing for us gays. I long for the days when a tight tank top told you everything you needed to know." (Seriously, how old was Calvin in those days? Like 5?)
  • Cappie: "Uh, Plato never said that."
    Hooded guy: "Look! I didn't have time to write a speech!"
  • Cappie: "Why did you go and do a thing like that?"
    Evan: "Temporary hood-provoked insanity."
  • And then Cappie and Evan recited "We Used To Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols:
    Cappie: "We used to be pretty good friends."
    Evan: "A long time ago."
  • Evan's wearing a tie again! Yea! Is that a sign that he's officially out of his funk now?
  • Cappie admits that he knew that Evan liked Casey first and he went after her anyway. It's nice to see somebody get off his high horse for once.
  • Dale: "Let's go back to the apartment and you can cut my hair again."
  • The dean runs the secret society? Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole point of a secret society?
  • Another day and Evan's wearing another tie! And a vest! Wohoo!
  • Aww, Evan and Cappie are secret friends now!

(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah i love evan and cappie ! The greek's eoic couple actually, HoYay !!!

    ReplyDelete