Thursday, June 4, 2009

Greek: Friday Nights with Joan


Greek:
"Isn't It Bro-mantic?"

I freaking loved this episode. I enjoyed the Evan/Cappie interaction and the revelation that Rusty used to watch Joan of Arcadia so much that I didn't even mind that Dale was MIA because he was at a barn raising trying to convert Amish people (to what?).

Highlights (and there were a bunch):

  • Calvin: "For dinner with Jordan or Desert Storm?"
  • Calvin: "You've been together for like a week. I'm sure she already knows that you can't dress yourself."
  • I found the conversation about Rusty's inability to dress himself to be funny since I was seriously distracted by how ugly one of his shirts in the last episode was.
  • Rusty: "Is this still stylish?"
    Calvin: "Was it ever?"
  • Rusty: "She just broke up with Andy, who dresses like a pop star, so I've got to step it up."
  • Calvin needs to just move in with Dale and Rusty once of for all.
  • Rusty: "Dale's at a barn raising this weekend, trying to convert some Amish people."
  • Rusty is wearing Dale's shirt!
  • Casey: "Since Max has been gone, I've gotten so much done: cleaning, organizing... I'm thinking of taking up an instrument."
  • Betsy: "Really? Do they still have television on Friday nights?" (Yes, Betsy, they do. In fact, next season four shows that I watch will be on Friday nights.)
  • Um, I'm not sure I'm loving Rusty's hair tonight. The part/slicked back thing looks strange.
  • Calvin: "It's like watching an episode of Entourage, except cheaper...and actually watchable."
  • Betsy: "I never said anything about you being drunk. She asked where you were and I said 'Asleep in the bushes.'"
  • Casey and Betsy's table is ridiculously close to Rusty and Jordan's.
  • Dean Bowman: "You are the most accomplished and promising students at CRU."
    Cappie: "Believe me, if I could shoot myself a quizzical look right now, I would."
  • Now the secret society is making them all dish their most personal secrets? That's straight out of Veronica Mars too.
  • Aww, poor Casey. She's not trying to be annoying; she's just lonely.
  • I bet Calvin is glad he can go back to talking to Ashleigh instead of Rebecca.
  • Calvin: "Everytime you out an Omega Chi to his house, a fairy looses its wings."
  • Casey: "I could help you pick out some new shirts that are a little more...of the same! Because your shirts are so handsome."
  • Evan: "Why do you feel the need to call me by my full name every time we talk?"
    Cappie: "I like it. Makes you sound like a comic book villain. ...So why don't you trust me, Evan Chambers?"
  • Evan: "It's like a compulsion."
    Cappie: "Your face is like a compulsion."
    Evan: "That doesn't even make sense."
    Cappie: "Your face doesn't make any sense."
  • Cappie: "First I'm not trustworthy and now I'm the runt of the society? Evan Chambers, you dastardly menace, now you've got me questioning everything!"
  • Ashleigh joined the curling team? Lol.
  • Ashleigh: "You are not Rusty. You have much, much daintier features...except his hands."
  • Casey should just tell Rusty that she's lonely and bored. But where would the drama be in that?
  • Alice played "swing the gerbil"? Oh geez...
  • Cappie and Evan's reactions to Alice's array of animal horror stories were funny.
  • Rusty: "You're so not the remote. You're more like the whole entertainment center."
  • Evan: "I would much rather see you with her than me."
  • Cappie: "We just started talking and we end up fighting over the first pet-killing lunatic we meet."
  • OH NO! We didn't get to hear Cappie's deep, dark secrets!
  • Calvin: "First of all, 'man hump'? No."
  • Rusty: "Now you're not alone, and I am. I guess everything's right in the world again."
  • We didn't get to hear Evan's deep, dark secrets either! And that boy's got some skeletons in his closet.
  • Alice: "You both are just so tortured! I just want to hug you!"
    Evan: "No!"
    Cappie: "No!"
  • Dean Bowman: "Nothing teaches us more about who we are than seeing ourselves in the people we least expect."
    Cappie: "Ahhhhhhhh! No, I don't get it."
  • Cappie: "Conflict in the Cartwright clan? Paging Danny Tanner!"
  • Rusty: "Do you realize how many nights in high school I sat alone watching Joan of Arcadia with my mother while Casey went out will all of her friends."
  • Cappie: "Joan of Arcadia was the one with all the Navy lawyers, right?"
    Rusty: "No, that's JAG. Yeah, I watched that afterwards with my dad."
    Cappie: "You know I missed a lot of great television by having friends. It's a shame."
  • Since when does Cappie miss any television? I thought he watches everything. He's the one, after all, who makes constant references to Full House, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Days of Our Lives, My So-Called Life, Reba, etc., etc., etc.
  • I used to watch Joan of Arcadia too, and I was ticked off about it as well. Not because it was on a Friday night and I had nothing else to do, but more because I really didn't like that show.
  • Rusty: "I wish I'd gone to MIT."
    Cappie (sees mostly naked Calvin): "What the hell is that?"
    Rusty: "It's a school...in Massachusetts..."
  • Ha! Rusty gave Casey the Joan of Arcadia DVD.
  • Um, I want to know what Rusty did to Casey's blanket that make it smell weird! Lol.
  • Next week's preview: What in the heck is going on with Ashleigh's eye makeup?

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment