Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Greek: Mid-Term Mania


Greek:
"Social Studies"

Another good episode. Of course, I'm going to like any episode that features this much Dale/Rusty/Calvin interaction. And hooray for Evan getting to be in a storyline that was NOT riddled with despair and self-loathing! Now I remember why I used to like this guy. And the mid-term stress humor was fun all around. As for the whole Cappie/Casey thing, sometimes its funny and sometimes it gets really old, and there was a bit of both of that in this ep.

Highlights and observations:

  • Yea, it's art history with Dale, Rusty and Calvin! This is my favorite class!
  • Is it midterms already? It seems like this semester is flying by compared to last spring's epically lengthy semester.
  • Dale: "Essays? Oh no, that leaves too much room for teacher interpretation, and frankly this guy's kind of a nutbag."
  • Ashleigh's desolate mid-terms face is hysterical. (For a second there when I first saw her expression, I thought Fisher knocked her up while they were "out of town" last episode. I'm glad it's just mid-term stress.)
  • Rusty: "I'm looking for my art history course packet. Have you seen it?"
    Cappie: "Paperback? Bunch of naked ladies? Might want to check Wade's room."
  • Dale is wearing a tie and a sweater vest to study for mid-terms! (Now that I think about it, Dale might actually get along with Evan.)
  • Evan saves the day!
  • Nooooooo, don't try this Rebecca/Evan thing again, Greek! We don't want to see it! In fact, I would be more than okay with it if Rebecca never has another love interest ever again. Or she can have all the off-screen love interests she wants, just so long as I don't have to watch it.
  • Jordan: "Andy just broke up with me."
    Dale: "Oh, that's terrible! But back to the Mona Lisa..."
  • Off topic: Did The New York Post really say that The Secret Life of the American Teenager is "brilliantly written"? That quotation absolutely has to be wildly taken out of context. I'm not exactly sure what the NY Post's literary standards are, but I don't see how the writing of Secret Life could conform to anyone's standards of brilliance.
  • Cappie hooked up with both of these girls on the same Friday night. Lol. Ohhhhh, Cappie...
  • Dale: "That's great--get both of them to waste time. That's fantastic."
  • Ahh, okay, Jordan finally gives us an explanation of why she liked Andy (instead of Rusty) in the first place: he reminded her of the boys she knew from home and that made her feel comfortable. That's not a very good excuse, but at least she has one.
  • If they'd kick Jordan out of this study group, I'd seriously pay money to sit around listening to Calvin, Rusty and Dale's banter.
  • Rusty: "It's time for us to take a little field trip."
    Dale: "No, actually. No, it's not."
  • Dale: "We've already lost our pizza break. Do you want to cut the massage circle too?"
    Calvin: "Yeah."
  • Cappie and Casey smushed on the couch was entertaining, especially Cappie's horrified "I touched your boob."
  • How has Ashleigh not failed out of college by now?
  • Casey: "Cappie just screwed us out of it. Literally."
  • Casey didn't know that Cappie still isn't over her? I thought everyone was well aware of that. It seems so obvious.
  • Rebecca: "Are you looking up my skirt?"
    Evan: "Where else am I supposed to look?"
  • Calvin: "Yeah, I remember this now, just not as vividly as the pigeon incident."
  • I think Cappie would have better luck getting Casey back if he trimmed his hair a bit. (Although Max's hair is usually pretty iffy, so maybe not.)
  • What kind of a flake is Andy that he breaks up with Jordan over the phone and then calls her back an hour later wanting to get back together?
  • Rebecca: "Evan, you're really weird to do this for me."
  • This is just the kind of jocular, light-hearted plot Evan's character needed.
  • Jordan: "You probably think I'm an idiot to even consider taking him back."
    Dale: "You know, it's not so much what happened, it's just how long it took."
  • Rusty: "I fell for you. Literally, down the stairs and into the slide projector."
  • Rebecca: "What happened to the plan?"
    Evan: "That dog is so fast!"
  • Whoa, Jeremy watching people while they sleep is totally creepy! Holy crap, he almost made me choke on my drink.
  • Wow, Rusty, how does your problem so perfectly mirror Cappie and Casey's? It's almost like it was specially crafted to do so...
  • If "no other girl in the world compares" to Casey according to Cappie, why did he treat her so badly when he had her?
  • Casey: "Are you crying?"
    Ashleigh: "I am so tired!"
  • Dale: "So, do you guys think we should throw a couple questions so we don't destroy the curve?"
    Rusty: "Don't listen to him, Calvin. It's a trick. He's trying to beat us."
  • I can't believe the professor is allowing this much of a romantic interlude in the middle of a mid-term. Jordan seriously couldn't have waited to tell Rusty that until after the test? It was just going to distract him anyway.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree : please Greek not a Rebecca/Evan relationship ! I know it is easier for writers to put two main characters together (one storyline instead of two) but still it's so cliché ! And the Casey/Cappie become to be very old.
    This episode was not very good but Evan was funny, Dale/Calvin/Rusty was awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! You've got a point about the writers wanting to bring Evan and Rebecca together to consolidate plot lines, but I agree that it's too cliche. It also feels really familiar because there will be similar issues to when Rebecca started dating Cappie. Sooner or later, isn't Rebecca going to get tired of Casey's sloppy seconds? (If Casey and Max break up, Max better go to Cal Tech, or Rebecca will be after him too.)

    Yes, Rusty/Calvin/Dale is awesome. I would watch a whole show with just the three of them.

    ReplyDelete