Monday, April 6, 2009

Greek: Spy Games and Traveling Pants


Greek:
"From Rushing with Love"

You have no idea how much I need an episode of Greek after the day I've had. Bless this show for being so perfect and sweet and funny and non-taxing.

I do have one complaint, and I bet you can guess what it is if you've ever read my comments about Greek before. Say it with me: No Dale.

Highlights and observations:
  • Casey and Ash teach the ZBZs the "devil horns" hand signal for girls interested in Frannie's sorority.
  • Mykonos sounds like a great idea for Spring Break!
  • Beav and Heath (that's what that guy's name is, right?) fighting over Social Chair was funny. Too bad Marissa Cooper's not here to do it.
  • Beav with his cymbals. His facial expressions are priceless.
  • Cappie: "Now, Mykonos, who knows where it's at?"
  • Rebecca: "Frannie took care of her."
    Ash: "Did Frannie kill her? Because that would really help us."
  • Casey: "And all that plan got Jerry Maguire was a goldfish and Renee Zellweger, and we don't want either of those."
  • Calvin: "Do you have a crush on him?"
    Rusty: "I have a Rush crush."
  • Rusty: "So he did say something about me after the lake."
  • Wade: "Just testing out the new cleaver."
  • I would not stand that close to Cappie while he's holding a chainsaw.
  • Evan: "Hey, Rus, I just wanted to say, no hard feelings."
    Rusty: "No, they're still hard...my feelings."
  • I don't think Evan even cares anymore. He's heading straight toward Kappa Tau territory.
  • Casey: "I'm responsible for our first D+."
    Ash: "Well, if it makes you feel better, it's not my first one..."
  • Casey: "That brush was from Titanic. She paid a fortune for it on eBay."
  • Cappie: "We just wanted to keep out heart rate up for when your mom comes in town. Seriously, she's foxy."
  • Wade drives a Miata? Maybe he has a trust fund and can pay for Mykonos.
  • Oh, Betsy. Even you should know not to trust Frannie.
  • Aww, Wade's cleaver gimmick didn't work.
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling ZBZ Pants. Ha!
  • Awesome time slot rival joke about Gossip Girl:
    Casey: "I wanted to be Heidi Klum again. Now I have to be freaking Blake Lively."
    Ash: "At least you're blond. How's anyone supposed to know I'm America Ferrera?"
  • Wow, Cappie is really married to this karmic synergy philosophy, isn't he?
  • Cappie: "And that's something we'll never know, like what hot dogs are made of, how Smurfs reproduce..."
  • Ash is wearing the Ugly Betty Guadalajara poncho! Ha! And I gotta say that Casey's Blake Lively imitation ain't bad. The long, curly hair and the low cut top are pretty on-target.
  • Calvin is so evolved. He just wants Andy to be happy.
  • Awesome inside joke about Michael Rady (Max):
    Pledge girl: "And the guy who plays Kostas, so hot!"
    Casey: "Eh."
    Ash: "I wouldn't kick him out of bed."
  • Frannie: "Are you two defecting to my sorority or just crossing the border?"
  • Rebecca: "Oh my God, I'm 19! I'm not Sydney freaking Bristow!" (And that's at least Greek's second Alias reference.)
  • Rebecca is a pretty terrible mole though. You'd think she'd be better at this.
  • Rebecca: "Oh, and I'm sorry about your roots."
    Casey: "That's ok, I know you didn't mean it."
    Rebecca: "No, I meant I'm sorry about them."
  • Ash: "Oh great, little Debbie Gibson accepted our bid. That's nice."
  • Rebecca stole Frannie's Titanic brush! Awesome. Ha! Casey brushing her hair with it to taunt Frannie was amusing.
  • Rusty's still trying to make this "Andy-licious" thing happen? I think we've established that that one's not going to fly.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment