Monday, April 27, 2009

Chuck: Two Weddings and a Kung Fu Fighter


Chuck:
"Chuck vs. The Ring"
Please may this not be the last Chuck ever. Please may this not be the last Chuck ever. Please may this not be the last Chuck ever.

This last string of Chuck episodes (ever since we finally got rid of that annoying British spy guy) has been extremely good, so I expected the season finale to be phenomenal, and I was not disappointed. There was so much to like about this episode!

First of all, Ellie and Awesome's beach wedding was gorgeous. I'm going to say that it was easily the prettiest television wedding since Julie Cooper married Caleb Nichol in The O.C. season 1 finale. And that makes me think that Josh Schwartz should be a wedding planner; he clearly knows how to stage one stunning ceremony. (Lily and Bart's wedding last year on Gossip Girl was pretty too.) I'm posting two pictures from the ceremony just because it was so darn lovely.
I'll save my thoughts on the (FANTASTIC) end of the episode for after the play-by-play:
  • The song at the beginning of the episode was fun. The Chuck soundtrack has really been top-notch lately.
  • General: "Your country is calling you, Mr. Bartowski."
    Chuck: "Then I think my country might have the wrong number."
  • Casey: "If you were a true patriot, you wouldn't even cash it."
  • That's so sweet that Casey gave Chuck his personal number in case of emergencies.
  • BRYCE LARKIN! Woo hoo! Why is the new Intersect project in Zurich? Why does the Intersect have to go in anyone's head? Why can't it just stay on a computer?
  • So Awesome has a Toyota, but Zac Levi does commercials for Honda Insights? I'm confused.
  • The bridesmaids' dresses are nice. I'd like the dress better in another color, but the style is great.
  • Hey, yeah, shouldn't Sarah and Chuck stage a really elaborate breakup scene to explain why she's not going to be around anymore?
  • Dr. Woodcomb: "My wife warned me about you."
    Morgan: "Good warnings, I hope."
  • I can't believe Bryce knew the truth about Chuck's dad this whole time either. Yeah, Chuck, just hand Bryce over to the bad guys. No need to feel guilty about that; I'm getting sick of him already.
  • Jeffster! I saw this coming. ;-)
  • Morgan: "Listen, if you hit me, it only teaches me to hit."
  • Whoa, Sarah's not going to be able to walk down the aisle in that dress after ripping the whole bottom part of it off.
  • Dr. Woodcomb called Lester "an Indian lesbian." Hahahaha.
  • Chuck: "Hoe down! I mean, hold on!"
  • Chuck: "Oh, God, not the flowers!"
  • I liked Ellie sitting on the floor and trying to meditate while her wedding was being stalled.
  • Yea, Major Casey!!! That was a great scene with the Marines taking out the bad guys juxtaposed with Jeffster's big finish.
  • After all the ruckus in the reception room, Jeff's sparklers set off the fire alarm. Oy vey.
  • Throw Ellie the beach wedding, Chuck. That's what she wanted anyway.
  • Ellie's wedding dress doesn't look nearly as bad post-sprinkler as I expected it would.
  • Marine: "Sir, how do you spell begonia?"
    Casey: "Sound it out. ...No, no, that clashes with the bunting!"
  • Where did everyone get whole new outfits for this second wedding? They certainly didn't have time to do the necessary dress fittings in one afternoon. Even Jenny Humphrey doesn't sew that fast! In any event, I'm liking the new bridesmaids' dress color much better. This wedding is gorgeous.
  • Why is Casey's Marine shooting Rourke? Uh oh, is he shooting everyone? Who does he work for? Fulcrum big wigs that are higher up than Rourke?
  • And the courtyard reception is better too! They always did have such a pretty courtyard.
  • Oops, the Intersect's in Chuck's dad's head now! Oh, ha, he's actually had it in there for awhile. That came in handy.
  • Maybe, Chuck, being a spy is your real life. It's more of a "life" than you were leading pre-Intersect anyway.
  • So Bryce is still in love with Sarah, huh? And he's just sharing this with random faux-CIA agents? That's not very stealth.
  • Luckily, Bryce is pretty badass. (Remember how great he was in the pilot? Actually, now that I think about it, he got shot then too.)
  • Ouch, that was one awkward fall Chuck just made into the vault!
  • Bryce: "Fulcrum is just one part of the ring."
  • Oh no, poor Bryce! Rest in peace, buddy.
  • So, what's Chuck going to do now? Obviously, he's going to put that darn (and apparently dangerous) thing right into his head.
  • Is there going to be a Bryce Larkin-shaped hole in the new Intersect in Chuck's head? Because his body was definitely blocking some of the images.
  • Casey: "Oh, Chuck me!"
Well, Chuck me too! That ending was insane. Probably the awesomist 2 minutes of TV all season. I can barely get a hold of myself, that was so phenomenal. I'm freaking out: Chuck knows kung fu! He's got some serious moves! The scene with Chuck beating the crud out of all the bad guys single-handedly was simultaneously hilarious and so cool it hurt.
Chuck: "Guys, I know kung fu."

OMG, that was such a cool season finale! Best case scenario: we get to see the Sarah/Casey/Chuck team fight their way through the rest of "the ring" for many seasons to come. Worst case scenario: if this is all we get, at least I feel pretty confident that whatever the rest of "the ring" includes, New and Improved Chuck with Special Kung Fu Fighting Skills will be able to handle it, and I'll know in my soul that he's out there somewhere kicking ass.
(photos: Ellie & Awesome's wedding album at NBC.com)

2 comments:

  1. The Kung Fu was super lame. Knowing Kung Fu without the training... makes for shitty looking fights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word I can use for this is a crazy wedding. And the share is definitely explained well. Searched a lot and got a fabulous site of wedding venues NYC and their packages explained in details with astonishing clicks as well. It is really easy to book form here and even package amounts shared by them are reasonable.

    ReplyDelete