Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Greek: The Big Brother Blues


Greek:
"Big Littles and Jumbo Shrimp"


My Greek play-by-play is a little late this week. Not my fault: there were literally 6 shows I wanted to watch all scheduled for Monday at 8 p.m. (Gossip Girl, Chuck, Greek, Bones, Big Bang Theory and Dancing with the Stars). How unfair is that? I'm only human.

This episode of Greek wasn't really the big pile of happiness that Greek episodes tend to be. The whole Rusty/Andy/Jordan situation just sucks, and mopey, love sick Rusty can get a little tiresome. Plus there was Evan Chambers and his vortex of depression. I was also seriously worried that Ash would have to give up her (well-deserved) cute new boyfriend. And the Dale anecdote about the grass pile was funny, but that doesn't make up for him not being in the episode at all. And the lack of Max kind of sucked too.

Highlights and observations:

  • Pledges get to pick their own bigs? I didn't know it worked that way.
  • Sad Beav is beyond adorable.
  • Ashleigh hiding her boy behind the counter was funny.
  • Casey: "Is it just me or have we been out of Fruity Spindles for like a month?"
    Ash: "I wouldn't know; I don't eat them."
    Casey: "Oh, I forgot. They give you the toots."
    Ash: "No! No, they don't!"
  • BTW, what the hell are Fruity Spindles?
  • Calvin: "I though we canceled the Tri-Pi grunge mixer."
  • Evan might look slovenly, but he also looks extra buff. What's the deal with that?
  • Casey: "Well, this is the last bottle and it sounds like Rusty having an asthma attack."
  • Cal: "Where's Dale? Finally had enough of the babes, blood and boobs that make up Art History?"
    Rusty: "He thought he saw Jesus' face in a pile of lawn clippings so he ran home to call the news."
  • How often does Frannie talk to Evan's mother? Ick, creepy!
  • Evan: "By the way, he goes by just B. Sheep these days."
  • Jordan: "For all I know, he's already told your entire house what a slutty lush I am. Not that I could deny it. I was a slushy."
  • Mickey "Scooby" Scubella? That's quite a name.
  • Beav: "ScooOOOOOObeeeeeeeeeee!"
  • Evan and B. Sheep do have matching floppy hair.
  • Oh, of course, Cappie and B. Sheep are BFFs.
  • Evan and Cappie might as well make up. Neither of them is with Casey now anyway.
  • B. Sheep: "For a second there, I thought you two were going to kiss."
  • If B. Sheep is so drunk that he can't handle stairs, this might not be the time to have a serious conversation with him, Evan.
  • $50,000!!! It's time to cut B. Sheep loose and get advice from somebody else.
  • Evan (to Cappie): "Everyone else is getting some, why not you?"
  • No one else chose Ben Bennett to be their big brother?! Come on, that's ridiculous! Ben Bennett is great.
  • Oh, poor Rusty was the one who got his beer spilled on him. How typical.
  • Ha ha, Casey accidentally chucked her shot on some poor guy walking behind her.
  • Casey is Jordan's big sister? Geez. Isn't she still Rebecca's big sis? Should she have two little sisters? Plus she's the pledge coordinator. Wasn't that why Wade passed on having a little? I'm not particularly well-versed in the ways of the Greek system, but something seems fishy about this.
  • Ashleigh: "You don't know what it's like to go through college without a boyfriend. You went from Cappie to Evan to Max. And then you went from Evan to Cappie to..."
    Casey: "If she says Max, I will cut you."
  • Ash: "If Fisher is a criminal, would you guys hate me if I kept seeing him?"
    Casey: "Be smart, like Anne Hathaway."
  • Oh, thank goodness Fisher's not the thief. That would have been just Ash's luck.
  • I love that they did a call back to Dale and the grass pile.
  • Cappie: "If there's anyone who understands how a girl can change they way you feel about a friend, it's your big brother. Mostly because of your big sister. Good God, this campus is incestuous."
  • I can't believe Cappie's teaching lessons on responsibility either. Something about that feels off.
  • Ha ha, Fisher was under the table during Casey and Ash's conversation and Casey knew it.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.I like it, i also watch all episodes of this show.my friend give me suggestion to Download Greek TV Show. if you want to download this show then click here...

    ReplyDelete