Monday, April 27, 2009

Gossip Girl: Swindler's List


Gossip Girl:
"Southern Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"

I didn't like this episode as much as the last one. This Nate/Blair stuff is arduous at best. Who are they kidding? They do not even seem to like each other.

Also, Rufus=always the stupidest guy in the room. Hey, maybe he could have left his gallery on the market for, oh, more than ONE DAY before throwing in the towel? If nobody wants it for the list price (which was three times what he paid for it), how about lowering the price a bit? Or, you know, he could just screw it and give all his money to some sleazy dude who's dating his son's ex-girlfriend. I guess that works too. Dumbass.

And then there's Vanessa, who just sucks the life out of everything all the time. Why is there no talk of her going far, far away to college?

Highlights and thoughts:

  • Blair: "NYU? What was I thinking? You know how I feel about ironic facial hair!"
  • Blair Waldorf on the subway! Lol.
  • Wow, that gallery is worth a lot. Enough to pay for Dan's college and Jenny's college and to keep Rufus in flannel shirts until he figures out what to do next?
  • Blair: "Rats go underground, not Waldorfs."
  • Blair: "How's the foreigner?"
    Serena: "Blair, Gabriel's from North Carolina. That's in the United States."
    Blair: "Not by choice! Let me remind you about a little thing called the Civil War."
  • Ah, Chuck Bass in basketball attire. It's been awhile.
  • Chuck: "Say the word, and she can crash with me."
  • Yeah, this "new business" of Gabriel's is all kinds of made up.
  • Chuck: "Blair, I see you're wearing your beret. Who are you spying on tonight?"
  • Ugh, Vanessa. I was hoping she wasn't going to come back.
  • Blair: "He fell in love with you while you were roofied! How romantic!"
  • Nate's looking all kinds of paranoid here, but he does have a point when he says, "With you two, it's always a big deal."
  • Nate: "I don't want you to go near her again. I mean that."
    Chuck: (phone rings) "Oh look, it's Blair. I think I'll take this one outside."
  • Blair: "I thought if I proved the North Caroliar was cheating with his ex that would be it, but she fell for his business meeting excuse. Monkey business, more likely!"
    Chuck: "With Serena and Poppy both fighting over the banana."
  • Chuck: "No one's killing anyone. It's a co-op cocktail party!"
  • Oh, this whole fight scene between Gabriel and Poppy is soooooo staged.
  • Blair: "Well, I guess he really likes you. At least now we know!"
  • Rufus allows random underage girls to drink in his apartment while he's not there? Parent of the year, that guy is.
  • It was amusing when Dan gagged when Vanessa said, "I never slept with Chuck Bass twice," during the game of "I Never."
  • Jenny has the longest, skinniest legs ever.
  • Why would Chuck handle this by himself, Nate? Like Chuck really cares that Serena's getting played.
  • Doesn't Chuck get a say in whether or not Bass Industries invests with this clown?
  • So, I would like to see how Chuck and Blair's mid-sleep hand holding was initiated.
  • Blair: "I can't believe had have to see my sworn enemy with Nancy Pelosi hair!"
  • Chuck: "But then again we all know your weakness for limos."
  • So Serena waited until after having sex with Gabriel to ask the probing question to see if he was really lying about meeting her at Butter. Couldn't have done that right after Blair brought it up?
  • Georgina: "Ooh, yeah, I've been praying overtime for that one."
  • Oh no, Blair left Chuck stranded at the Christian camp! What kind of a driver leaves the man who employs him stranded in the middle of nowhere?
  • Gabriel: "And what the hell is Butter?" (Ha ha ha, Butter must have really bought off one of the Gossip Girl higher ups. They get mentioned more than Sour Patch Kids did during vintage episodes of Kyle XY.)
  • Oh, stupid Rufus.
  • Georgina: "Say hi for me! I have so much love in my heart for that girl!"
  • So is it bad that I want Georgina to go to NYC and open a can of whup-ass on Blair Waldorf? Somebody needs to--the girl needs to wise up about this Nate situation ASAP.

(photo: cwtv.com)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha I agree with all your comments about this episode. In about 1 episode they have already succeeded at making the Nate/Blair relationship look doomed to fail. One of my favorite parts was when Blair found out where the apartment was and said that that was the area she hated most in nyc. Good move Nate. Also Nate is way too jealous of Chuck and out in the open about it. Chuck and Blair haven't really talked much for the past episodes, but if Nate keeps bringing up their past, I'm betting they will both remember...

    As for Rufus, if there were Gossip Girl Dupe of the Year awards I think it should go to him. Who gives away loads of money to someone they don't know? Now they will have to move in with Lily because they will be bankrupt.

    And Vanessa, oh dear. I think they have really run out of any story lines for her. Once they ended her relationship with Nate the writers must have had no idea what to do with her, so they had her sleep with Chuck and then still had no idea what to do with her, because a relationship between Chuck and Vanessa just would not do. So their only option this episode was have her confess her sins while drunk to Dan. Great.

    Talking about missing people, what's happened to Eric? Jenny said something this episode about him being away somewhere. I guess the writers wanted to remind us that he existed. So he may be coming back?

    Let's hope this week is a bit better.

    ReplyDelete