Monday, April 14, 2008

Greek Wars

Greek: "War & Peace"
Well, it's the last week for me to savor not being forced by the television PTB to chose between my favorite high school soap and my favorite college soap. Greek and Gossip Girl airing at the exact same time? Come on. That's completely unfair. Add to that the fact that Bones--which I would totally watch if it ever aired in a time slot in which it weren't competing against at least one of my favorite shows--is now on at the same time. And so is Dancing With The Stars...but, yeah, I guess I don't really want to watch that.

Ack! And Wildfire is coming back at 9 p.m. in two weeks! Yea! Chris! Junior! Matt! The wind turbine! (If the wind turbine is not mentioned in these last few eps, I'm going to be peeved.) I'll admit it; I'm pretty excited for the Junior/Matt horseback fist fight. But, holy too-much-of-a-good-thing TV night! Suddenly Monday is the new Wednesday (which was the new Thursday).

Anyway, tonight's Greek was pretty good. It contained some interesting developments: Frannie's back, Lizzy finally left, Rusty and Calvin's friendship took a hit, the two frats forged a tenuous cease fire. The main two downsides to tonight's episode were the very little girl/boy interaction and the complete and unacceptable lack of Dale. (There was also, mercifully, a lack of Rebecca, so thanks to whoever gave us that gift.)

The episode, of course, contained it's share of witty one-liners and pop-culture laced quips. Best quotes and observations:
  • Rusty's haircut looks good.
  • Poor Ashleigh wakes up at 4 a.m. since Lizzy makes them go to bed at 10 p.m. That's rough.
  • The show sure seems to like throwing around that Ben Bennett kid's name an awful lot. I wonder if it's an inside joke of some kind.
  • I think Spencer (Casey) looks prettier than normal in this ep.
  • Whoa, how many people are in Omega Chi? In the house raid scene, it looked like several hundred. Spraying fish oil and hot sauce from water guns...eew.
  • Casey: "We as ZBZ kittens are wondering when we will be ready to be weened from your, uh, teet."
  • Count me on Casey's side. I am also very skeptical of kinder, gentler Frannie.
  • Frannie: "I want to come back to ZBZ."
    Casey: "I want Jessica Simpson to stop putting out CDs, but you can't always get what you want."
  • I'm surprised how quickly and thoroughly Ashleigh fell for the jerky nerd. Ah, I guess it was a Travis hangover thing. I loved Casey's "Jason is Travis in a nerd suit."
  • That Evan--still rocking the tie. That's class.
  • Poor Rusty. He repeatedly tries to change the system and it keeps biting him in the butt, yet he keeps trying it anyway.
  • Rusty: "And then what? You and the brothers are going to go club some baby seals?" Ha, with that mopey mug of his, picking on Rusty does seem akin to clubbing baby seals.
  • "Evan Longoria." Ha! That's a good one.
Ooh, looks like Greek is pulling out all the stops for its first head-to-head battle with GG: a Casey/Evan moment, Cappie punching Evan, a Casey/Cappie moment, a Rebecca gets what's coming to her moment. Wow, that's pretty undeniable.

So, Greek or Gossip Girl? That is the question. Last fall, I'd have side unequivocally for GG, but my love of Greek has reached new heights this spring. It's going to be a tough choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment