Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Evan = bing?

***Update: Hi, everybody. This is an old blog post (check the date at the top of the post). I wrote it soon after the first time Cappie called Evan "Bing" in episode of Greek. I don't delete my old posts after new information arises. Like everyone else who watches Greek every week, I now know what "Bing" means. So you don't need to tell me (but thanks). If you don't know what "Bing" means and want to, check out my post for "Freshman Daze." ***

Ha ha. Well, I've gotten a ton of hits to the blog today and the vast majority of them were the result of people trying to figure out why Cappie called Evan "bing" on Greek last night. I'm glad it wasn't just me who totally missed the boat on that one.

I wonder if anyone has figured it out. I'll try to investigate further and see if I come up with anything.

The only thing I can think of now is that we're not supposed to understand what he meant because the term "bing" relates to some past shared experience between Cappie and Evan that we don't know about yet. That seems kind of complex though for Greek. I mean, it isn't Lost--it shouldn't be this hard ;-)

ETA: The good people over at Television Without Pity do not seem to know what "bing" means either. Someone there remembered that Cappie and Evan were roommates in their freshman year of college, so the theory is that "bing" must have originated back then. Some people though were trying to guess what he was referring to and came up with: cherries, Bing Crosby, and Chandler Bing ;-)

1 comment:

  1. The Freshman Daze episode in Chapter Two, Evan is in KT and his nickname is "Bing" because he was somewhere between a Bid and a Ding

    ReplyDelete