Monday, April 7, 2008

Greek: Knitting, a Tire Swing, and a 16-Year-Old Animal Shelter Volunteer


Greek:
The big question of the night: will we find out what "bing" means? The answer: no!

Evan wasn't even in this episode. Oh well, it looks like the frat wars next week may bring out some answers. And most importantly, frat wars look funny. I enjoy the Cappie/Evan antagonism more than I enjoy that of Rebecca/Casey.

I don't think this episode was quite as good as last week's. It was nice, though, that Rusty was actually a focal point. He sure has some lazy-ass pledge brothers. I guess that's the sort of people the Kappa Taus attract though. It was nice that the show acknowledged that Rusty has spent way more time hanging out with the frat's upperclassmen than with the other pledges. He certainly has gotten plenty of special attention from Cappie over the last year. I'm glad that Rusty and the other boys worked everything out.

As for Casey/Cappie/Rebecca...I gotta say I wasn't feeling the Cappie/Rebecca chemistry tonight. They were kind of boring together. Too bad poor Casey didn't pick up on that and drank too much and slept with the 16-year-old animal shelter volunteer! I can't believe she did that! And I can't believe she seemed to get over it so quickly. That seems like the kind of mistake that would haunt you for awhile, but maybe that's just me. Let's hope she does figure out a better way to cope with the Rebecca/Cappie relationship than bedding random high school sophomores.
Quotes and highlights:
  • Ashleigh (thinking her new top led to free drinks): "Well, thank you very much, Forever 21!"
  • So this is the "big brother" who begets a Cappie. Not surprising.
  • Dale knits!
  • Dale: "Sin can be seductive. Trust me, I know. It's why I have three pop-up blockers."
  • Pledge 1: "How about we put cameras in the tri-Pi's shower?"
    Pledge 2: "And have to defend ourselves to Nancy Grace? No."
  • I'm glad someone's finally carding in this town when the underage kids are trying to order beer. I still find it odd that the bar doesn't seem care.
  • Dale's alarm clock ring of church choir music reminds me of one of the ring tones on my freshman year roommate's alarm clock. Her clock also had a ringtone of barnyard noises too.
  • Why were Cappie and Beaver having a conversation to the effect of "there are lots of really hot senators' daughters out there"? It sounded like Cappie was dumping Rebecca. Or maybe that Beaver likes her? I should have been paying more attention. I'd be willing to allow Rebecca to have Beaver if Casey gets Cappie.
  • Cappie: "I have not been this impressed since Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls."
  • Calvin: "And next time, we're going to talk about that flag."
  • Has the "bing" mystery turned into a season-long arc a la Veronica Mars and "who killed Lilly Kane?"

(photo from: abc family)

No comments:

Post a Comment