Friday, September 14, 2007

My Boys: Who is it?!

My Boys:
Here we go with yet another summer season finale! Sheesh. September is starting to be as crazy as May. My Boys was renewed for a third season, so at least we know that P.J. and her boys will be back at some point. I don't know if anyone knows exactly when though--hopefully we won't have to wait until next summer.

There were two episodes on finale night: the first focused on P.J. trying to balance her boys and her new Hot Botanist (Evan/Michael Landes/Jimmy Olsen). Something about the-boyfriend-not-fitting-in-with-the-guy-friends storyline smacks familiar... and I think it's because My Boys does this same storyline all the time. Oh well, Andy bought a boat and never went anywhere with it :-)

Episode 1 Highlights:
  • Aww, poor Hot Botanist/Evan/Michael Landes/Jimmy. He's so cute and I totally know how he feels when telling a story that suddenly doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as everyone else's stories.
  • The scene where the guys purposely get beaned in the batting cage was hilarious! Probably the funniest scene on My Boys ever. I was a little disappointed that P.J. didn't take a turn getting beaned, but I guess it's nice to know that she's too smart to try that.

The second episode focused on P.J. preparing for her Italy trip and rapidly going from having no date to having the possibility of three (or technically six, as Stephanie pointed out). Go P.J. for suddenly getting three potential boyfriends in one day! That is a freaking coup.

My question: isn't it kind of presumptuous to try to invite yourself along on somebody else's vacation like Thorn and the baseball player tried to do? I don't think I would ever assume that someone who had planned a vacation for months would suddenly just want me to come along. But, good for Thorn and baseball player guy being so flexible that they'd up and fly to Italy with some girl on a day's notice. That displays an impressive amount of spontaneity.

Episode 2 Highlights:

  • Evan: "Italy? Oh, you don't want to go there. This time of year it's all mosquitoes and fat people and that annoying accent...oh, wait, that's Michigan. "
  • Bobby splashing in the lake and getting algae foot or whatever.

And then came the cliffhanger we all saw coming about a mile away: P.J. picked a date, told him she had feelings for him, and he shows up on the plane at the last second...and, of course, all of this happens off-camera and we don't even get to see which guy it is. Not only is this kind of a lazy cliffhanger, but it's also annoying that this possibly huge event in P.J.'s life (declaring her feelings for someone) didn't make it onto the sitcom about her life.

But, ACK! Who was it? In my soul I hope it was Bobby. He's so cute and adorable and if, in this context, I am ranking him higher than both Michael Landes and Jeremy Sisto, you know how much I like him. What makes me sceptical is that there really hasn't been any building of the romantic tension between Bobby and P.J. in a long time. She kind of gazed at him happily in the museum, but all the other guys were doing that too.

Cliff hangers like this are annoying because I really care for like an hour, but by the time My Boys comes back in 2008 or whenever, I imagine that I will have totally forgotten all about it :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment