Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Damages: We may not like it, but we know how to play second fiddle.

Damages:
I'm late with the comments again this week, so we're going to go with another as-it-happened list:
  • So, how did Patty get her apartment cleaned up so quickly?
  • Because Ellen asked the police if they identified the body, I guess she didn't know the person who was trying to kill her. So, thank goodness, that appears to alleviate my worst fear, which was that Jimmy Cooper was the one trying to take her out.
  • Despite not having time for her fiance, Ellen does have time to stay on the cutting edge of fashion. It's nice to see she's got her priorities in order :-)
  • Hmm, Ellen's being a bit of a firecracker with Gregory (Jennie Garth's husband). It's refreshing to see her not playing the doormat for the first time in a few weeks. Ahh, but it turns out she was just acting that way because Patty told her to. I wonder when Ellen will tire of being a puppet.
  • Ted Dansen rocked his scene with his lawyer. "Get me a writer and stop being an asshole... she spat at me!" Ha.
  • Could the slut (Lila) with the now-dead grandfather somehow be a plant by Patty? That would be incredible. I'm not sure what the angle for that would be though...
  • Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Ted's lawyer's dream about pulling his own tooth out was disgusting! I could have lived without seeing that.
  • He he. George the writer is kind of funny.
  • Hmm. Dr. Roberts (Patty's husband) is kind of a bore with his never-ending talk of wine. He was never the most riveting character on The O.C. either, but he wasn't this dull.
  • Patty: "We may not like it, but we know how to play second fiddle. We're bread for it. Men can't handle it."
  • Wow, Slutty Lila sure is gussied up for having someone over to look at medical equipment.
  • He he. George's novel does sound like crap.
  • Whoooooooooa. Ted is scaring the crap out of me in the scene where he shows up at George's apartment. Ted's going to be *at least* nominated for an Emmy next year. He is killing this episode. No wonder his lawyer is so freaked out he's dreaming about losing teeth...
  • Patty: "I dumbed him as soon as I got my JD. He had no ambition. He disgusted me." He he. Nice, Patty, real nice...
  • Oh Slutty Lila stole David's keys! And her grandpa's not dead! Ahahaha. Someone is clearly behind this; she's coming on way too strong and David's not that great.
  • Maybe Gregory should avoid hanging out in bars and walking home late at night--good things do not happen to him when he does that. Oooh, the blonde was after him this whole time! That's interesting. And Patty is protecting him. I would not have expected that.
  • And, when Slutty Lila shows up at Ellen's apartment and stares creepily in, we have the confirmation that I was right and that Slutty Lila is definitely in on it somehow. What remains to be seen is what exactly "it" is.

So, since Slutty Lila is so incredible sketchy, I think she just staged this "affair." It seems to me like somebody wanted Ellen to think David was cheating on her, but now I'm guessing he really wasn't. Perhaps he was just dumb enough to let the slutty granddaughter of a patient steal his apartment keys. A faked affair would present police with Ellen's motive to kill David, making it much easier for someone to frame her for his murder. (Especially with the incriminating voice mail message from Ellen, but that could have been left for anyone.) But who wants to frame her? And why kill David anyway?

The promo for next week's episode says that it will be the week that everything will start coming together, so here's to that. Whatever happens, I'm sure it's going to be crazy exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment