Monday, July 16, 2007

I want a 'holographic memory' too!

Kyle XY:
The new "holographic memory" (while having a kind of stupid name) is definitely one of Kyle's coolest abilities yet. Now Kyle has a complete catalog of everything that has ever happened to him in his head and he can reference any particular moment that he wants, remember it exactly as it happened, and even freeze time so he can walk around and see things from new angles.

That's insane. I want one too! Think of the possibilities. For example, I could remember the time in the fourth grade when my teacher was screaming at us for writing our reading logs in print, but this time, I could slide out of my real body, and using my memory body, say, throw things at said teacher. Or dance around singing "nah, nah, nah, nah!" Or something more mature that I will have to think of later.

Even better, this nifty little holographic memory development would make DVDs and VCR tapes somewhat irrelevant. Say I'm going through some Veronica Mars withdraw pains (which I totally am because it's a day ending with a 'y'). All I have to do is remember the time I watched episode 13 of Season 3 and, suddenly, I can be watching (myself watch) Dick making fun of mopey Logan! Fantastic! Think of the hours and hours of television episodes I'd have stored in my head! I could "watch" them while I'm waiting for an hour in the lobby of the dentist's office!

Oh my gosh! This could be the best thing ever! And I have a sneaky feeling that do-gooder, sappy Kyle is going to waste it. On things like finding hidden, coded CDs in old books. Oh, Kyle.


What was notable:

  • I'm now 90% sure Kyle XY gets their soundtrack by raiding my iPod. I just can't figure out how they are doing it without me noticing.
  • It's sweet how much Kyle genuinely seems to like meeting people.
  • Did the earthquake happen because Kyle and Jessie finally got a good look at each other, or was it just a coincidence? I hope that won't happen every time they see each other. That would get old fast for everyone else.
  • Josh's response to Kyle predicting the earthquake: "I got two words for you: lottery ticket."
  • I still think Kyle and Lori are secretly in love. I'm glad she's still playing the guitar and that Kyle talked her into performing even though Declan was acting like an ass.
  • "You couldn't be more screwed if you were between a wall and a Phillips head." Yikes, that was a pretty ridiculous thing to come out of a "16-year-old" girl's mouth. On the bright side, it proves that she (Andy) and Josh were made for each other.
  • Aww, Kyle speaks Hungarian! I love how matter-of-fact he was about it. I like it when he gets cocky about how smart he is.
  • Zzyxx has the creepiest lobby ever. Mr. Trager is really, really dense if he doesn't notice there's something weird about his new employer.
  • Kyle XY is big on Pachelbel's Canon. Kyle played it on Lori's guitar the other week and now Amanda's listening to it.
  • Why is Lori talking to Jessie about Declan? She's being a masochist.
  • Josh's "gf" (Andy) has hideous yellow nailpolish... and violent headaches apparently. Does Jessi give her headaches too? I would understand if Josh gave her headaches, but this seems to be a new development, so there must be something else going on.
  • "She's helping me polish my game to mirror-like shine." See? The kind of guy who says stuff like this would fall head over heels for a girl who makes a good, specific screwdriver metaphor.
  • The scene where Kyle sees the mouse on the piano was funny. "No, that's real." Can't blame him for thinking that was a vision too.
  • Amanda was wearing a very nice necklace. Perhaps she could sell that (since she's keeping her special bracelet).
  • Where are these memories of Jessie's coming from? Did they program her with someone else's? I forget.
  • Do you think Kyle's "holographic memory" will "become an important power"? Because I don't think they hit that point hard enough...
  • "Why all that work for such a simple message?" Um, Kyle, it was a plot device so we could see you wet and shirtless. Don't ask questions.
  • Ahahaha. Jessie made herself look like she's in a black and white movie. That poor chick is so clueless. I can't believe that Nicole hasn't picked up on the fact that she and Kyle have the same exact cluelessness.

And final thought: Andy is the Anna Stern of Kyle XY. (I can't resist throwing out a reference to first-season The O.C. whenever possible.) I was half expecting her to say "Confidence, Trager," but I guess Josh's problem isn't really a lack of confidence.

I CANNOT wait until next week when Josh teaches Kyle to dance (in the style of a bad teen movie or Ross and Monica on Friends)! That is going to be classic. I like my Kyle best when he's making a fool of himself.

Victoria Beckham Comes to America:

Wow, Posh and her people seriously need more to do. They had to have spent hours making up that blow up doll. Sheesh. Oh well, I don't have a problem with her personally, but I'm really sick of this 24-hour Beckham media blitz. Yep, they're here. I'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment