Monday, January 10, 2011

Greek: Spitters Never Quit


Greek:
"Fools Rush In"


Now we're talking! This week's episode of Greek felt much more like the funny, witty, sweet Greek we know and love than last week's offering (which had to scramble to tie up some loose ends and to establish everyone's new stations in life). This week, however, everyone - except Ashleigh - was in place and ready to go. We got to see Rusty again assuming a leadership role with the KTs; Casey carving out a new place for herself amidst her old, beloved place; the KTs being funny; Evan looking hot; and Dale becoming a power player.

Highlights and my thoughts:
  • Dale: "Do you know the CRU Atheist Club has their own ski trip? They should get used to a warmer climate where they're headed."
  • Dale: "They think of me as one of the girls, and not even one of the hot ones."
  • EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW! It's Dana! And she's wearing Casey's shirt - eeeeeew! But that's not nearly as EEEEEEWWWW-worthy as that Star Wars stuff. Yikes. Poor Casey.
  • Yes, where IS Ben Bennett?
  • Rusty: "No one's seen him since Homecoming"
  • "What about Gonzo?" / "I think I saw him on Scrubs." (Did Little Franco play Gonzo? I don't remember what his Greek name was.)
  • There's the funny KT banter I know and love!
  • The KTs discussion of their missing members was hilarious, and I'm going to use the Ben Bennett reference as further proof that the Greek writers read my blog and/or my mind, because I've definitely wondered aloud about what became of him on other occasions.
  • Cappie: "How did we lose so many guys? I feel like Jen Aniston!"
  • Casey and Evan are hanging out together!!!
  • Cappie: "Hi. We're here to...try?"
  • Ok, this Natalie girl is funny, but WHERE is Katherine?! Am I to believe that she graduated college and actually LEFT?! Imagine that...
  • Cappie: "Is there a suggestion box I could fill with vomit?"
  • Evan: "Now I'm the bad guy again? Let me guess, Cal, it's my pride again, right?" (Oooh, snap!)
  • Please NO MORE DANA! The "R & D" thing was cute, but no. Just no.
  • However, either that shirt is really working for Rusty, or he's looking kind of buff these days.
  • Eew. And now I have to watch Evan kiss Rebecca. This ep has taken a turn for the worse.
  • Speaking of looking sexy: Evan.
  • Heath has a sister?
  • Speaking of Heath, why is he still here? He was supposed to graduate a semester before Casey and Evan, but he didn't because he flunked finals because of the prank/Wade expulsion incident. But he STILL didn't graduate even after another whole semester? Get your act together, boy! (I'm thinking med school is officially not interested in him now.) (This rant should not be construed as me wanting Health off the show. I adore him; I just don't understand what happened to his story line.)
  • Heath's sister's name is Heather, pronounced "Heeeeather" - ahahaha!
  • Cappie: "Instead of having to carry back a whole booth, I just have to carry this sack of ash!"
  • Beaver: "Without Timmy, there is no tomorrow!"
  • Cappie: "There's a reason we don't try, Rus. Because when we try, snakes die."
  • Love Dale's shorts/socks/shoes combo.
  • Rusty: "We just value weird things, like spitting tequila on girls and eating a table leg."
  • Health: "This guy's name is Jodie Foster! Imagine, we could have an Anthony Hopkins and a Jodie Foster!"
  • I like Casey's plan, but I wish it didn't involve Dana...
  • Cal: "I feel terrible. The fact that I came to this realization because of Dale is not helping."
  • Cal deserves this mini smackdown from Evan. But I'm glad that they're making up.
  • Speaking of Ashleigh of "Casey and Ashleigh," I miss her...
  • Aww, Cappie hugging Dale was too cute!
  • Does the house mother really have to clean everything? I think I'd pass on that job...
  • If walking past ZBZ every day of law school and knowing she can't be part of it anymore would kill Casey, maybe she should have gone to law school somewhere else!
  • Casey: "So what? Spitter's been laughed at most of his life!"
  • Is it a bad sign that I'm so on the same page as the KTs that when the kid said his name was Peter Parks, I immediately thought "Pledge Spider-Man"? Or am I ok because that was just super obvious?
  • Casey being the ZBZ house mother is going to make things pretty awkward when she steals Rebecca's boyfriend (back).
  • Oh no, Dale joined the Omega Chis!
  • Evan: "I cannot wait to see how Rusty's going to take this."
  • I just hope Dale doesn't start hitting Rusty with pledge paddles now.
(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment: