Monday, January 3, 2011

Greek: Law and Disorder


Greek:
"Defending Your Honor"

Oh, Greek. It's been so long, and I'm so happy to see you. I'll save for later the long, sappy speech about how much I love this show and how much I'll miss it after it wraps up it last season. For now, I'll just happily welcome back my old friends.

(And I'm back from an extended blogging hiatus in honor of Greek's return. I'm with these CRU kids to the end; as long as Greek is on, I'm going to try to blog about it.)

This was not Greek's best episode ever, especially considering it was how the show kicked off its last season, but I love this show and these characters so much that I don't even care at this point.

Highlights and my thoughts:


  • How creepy is it that Evan Chambers is starring as the Craig's List killer on Lifetime right now? That's a big step away from hitting people in the face with a pledge paddle.
  • Ahhhhhhh! They're graduating!! There were times where I literally thought this day would never come.
  • HEATH!!!
  • Dale: "There's Casey! I could spot those blond locks in the middle of a Swedish flea market."
  • Casey's parents went back to the hotel instead of congratulating her after the graduation ceremony?! Those Cartwrights sure are tough nuts to crack. Lame.
  • Law school prep? That seems a bit contrived, but I do think that Casey needs all the help she can get.
  • Casey: "How am I supposed to look cute in this stupid graduation burka?"
  • Ugh, Pull-Ups commercials. Advertisers seriously think that Greek's audience is made up of a bunch of toddlers.
  • And now suddenly summer's almost over already! Time is flying by tonight, folks!
  • Cappie better get his act together soon, or Rusty's going to have to get used to having Evan Chambers as his brother-in-law.
  • That photo of Evan, Casey and Cappie with Casey in the middle is convenient, since she can just fold it to hide which ever one of them she's mad at at the moment.
  • Betsy: "She does have over 20 years of experience."
    Rebecca: "So does Kirsten Dunst, but that doesn't make her movies good."
  • Cute hair, Evan!
  • How did Casey get a higher LSAT score than Evan?
  • If Cappie really wanted to avoid this situation, he should have made his trip last until after Casey had already gone.
  • Casey would really want to go to CRU instead of George Washington?
  • Beccs: "Not everyone likes Casey Cartwright?!"
  • Still loving Evan's hair, especially from the profile view.
  • There are law school dorms?! CRU is just full of surprises.
  • Why does this dude keep getting cast as a professor (first Greek, then Gossip Girl)? He doesn't seem very professorly to me at all. And he's always a professor who at least tries to have an inappropriate relationship with a student (Casey and Serena). Of course, he'll always be Joan's dumb husband from Mad Men to me.
  • So did he write her a bad recommendation to CRU but a good one to GW? How does one do that? Or did she not need a recommendation from him for the GW application? This is confusing.
  • Rusty: "You sound like Cappie. And Dale. And Calvin. ...And mom."
  • Rusty's looking cute this year too.
  • Eeeew, old sheets from the motel across the way?! Make a toga out of ANYTHING else, people! Gross!
  • Go Casey! Stick it to him!
  • I'm SO over Cappie--and I've only been watching him for 38 minutes. He needs to get it together, or this season is going to be tough to watch.
  • Ash yelling "Yeah! Bye, Cap!" through Casey's phone.
  • Now Rusty's looking kind of hot in his toga! It's a good look for him. Who would have guessed?
  • Rusty: "Campaign promise fulfilled."
    Heath: "Calvin was already my boyfriend?!"
  • Dale: "You did not just call me fat!"
  • Dale: "Well, I can diet, but you'll always be ugly on the inside!"
  • Rusty: "I wanted to punch you, but I couldn't."
    Cappie: "Yeah, I know. You've got weak wrists."

  • Um, Cappie, you already DID lose her. You IGNORED her for an entire summer! He's scared he's going to lose her, so he goes away and hooks up with a lot of girls? Idiot.

  • Mercy, Evan is cute.

  • Oh, Casey. You can't stay at CRU forever. Why do you want to stay here? With Beccs? Eesh.

  • Dale: "Why don't you like me?"
    Rebecca: "Because you're weird."

  • Dale: "Why does the Greek system rely on...stupid skinny ties?"

  • Oh no. Is the only way we can stop Rebecca/Evan by starting Dale/Rebecca?! I want Casey/Evan to happen something awful, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice Dale to the cause.

  • Is Casey going to keep living in the ZBZ house? That's pretty lame.

Ok, here is my official Last Season of Greek Wish: If Casey absolutely has to end up with Cappie in the end, can she please hook up with Evan at least one more time along the way? Pleeeeeeease!

photo: ABCFamily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment