Monday, January 12, 2009

Kyle XY: Longest Prom Night Ever

Kyle XY: "It Happened One Night"

Hmm, I don't think this premiere episode (of season 2.5? 3?) was the best episode Kyle XY has ever offered up. I usually like the middle episodes of Kyle seasons better than the beginning ones and end ones, because the bookend eps are when the show's "mythology" can tend to overpower the comical moments and the sweet moments. But I'm definitely glad to have Kyle, etc. back again--it seems like they've been gone for quite a while.

Speaking of something taking a while, how long was that prom night? It took so long that it looked like everyone aged about a year between the dance and the after-party! Ha.

The best part of the whole episode was this little nugget for us Loryle shippers:

Lori: "I think I already like someone else."
Nicole: "Who?"
Lori (sees Kyle levitating outside): "Kyle!"

Thoughts/highlights:
  • Yeah, thanks, I needed the longest "previously on Kyle XY" recap ever.
  • Lori called Kyle and Amanda the "dimple twins."
  • Umm, obviously Kyle has a better chance of excitement than Josh. He's about a thousand times hotter than Josh.
  • Hmm, I'd forgotten that Kyle can move things with his mind now.
  • Should the new guy (Cassidy) be flirting with teenagers? He looks a little old for that.
  • What kind of a post-prom party is this? This cannot be school sanctioned. It looks like an orgy.
  • I like how Kyle took the time to put his tux jacket back on before making his escape from the lab. How very James Bond of him.
  • Drunk Declan is kind of funny.
  • Kyle's putting all of his tricks to good use tonight! It's amazing how high he can levitate over such a tiny bit of water.
  • Maybe Lori should take off some of her makeup before she goes to bed. Sleeping in all that gunk will not be good for her pours.
  • Declan: "Damn this shampoo; it's mocking me!"
  • Amanda's mom is going to be sloshed by the time Kyle finally finds Amanda.
  • Oh, right, a radio tracking map, of course. That's definitely what I was thinking too.
  • I hear The Virgins' "Rich Girls." How very Gossip Girl circa 2007.
  • Hillary: "He's drunk, and I got wet."
    Lori: "No, no, stop there."
  • I liked Jessi rolling her eyes when Kyle talked about hearing Amanda's heartbeat.
  • It helps that there always seems to be a hose nearby. Actually, that freezing and shattering the door thing was pretty cool.
  • Oh, Kyle, now I guess we'll get to see how quickly you heal from gun shot wounds. Oh, bah, it was a rubber bullet.
  • Hey, the guy from Jessi's apartment (Cassidy) is part of Latnok. Hmm. (And, wow, is it just me or does that guy have a fairly strong Heath Ledger quality to him?)
  • "We're not the enemy, Kyle." Well, you certainly act like you are the enemy.
  • Eew, I definitely don't want to see Josh and Andie getting busy. Yuck.
  • He he, I knew Lori's D.J. crush guy was involved. It was way too suspicious when they were showing him in the car but not who was in the passenger seat.
  • Um, Amanda, if you fell asleep at the after-party, wouldn't you maybe remember something about being at the after-party? Oh, she drank spiked punch? I forgot about that (during the year-long hiatus). That must have been some seriously strong punch.
  • Amanda has seriously low expectations. She was drugged and can't remember anything about the prom, yet it was "even better" than she thought it would be. I'm seriously concerned about what she thought it would be like.
  • Whoa, Kyle planted a hot kiss on Amanda there (for them, anyway).
  • Uh oh, Jessi on her own is going to be trouble.
  • Oh, holy heck, Amanda has a puncture wound on the back of her neck! What's that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment