Monday, February 28, 2011

Greek: Rusty and the Chambers of Secrets


Greek:
"Agents of Change"

Oh, fellow Greek lovers, I don't even want to think about it. This time next week, Greek will be over. Gaaaaaa! There, I said it. Now let's try to ignore that awful thought for a while longer.

This episode was great. Then again, every episode of Greek seems great now that we're in the fuzzy haze of nostalgia... But we're not talking about that right now.

Highlights and observations:
  • Laura, thank you, that's what that girl's name is. It's been bothering me for weeks.
  • Lol at Cappie, Beaver and Heath seeing who can jump on the bed the longest. Wait, no, that's not Heath. Not sure what that kid's name is. Was Heath too busy to jump on the bed? Oh, it's Anthony Hopkins.
  • Who is "Villain X"? It's driving me nuts.
  • Chambers International wants to buy Rusty's wire!
  • Cappie: "Ah, a boy and his wire. The unconventional love story of the summer."
  • Nooooo, Casey! Don't invoke the name of Frannie! That's asking for trouble.
  • I love Calvin avenging Dale. Or trying to, anyway.
  • Evan! In flannel! What a delightful surprise.
  • Evan's room is sparse.
  • Evan: "Rusty, I'd go now before paddles start coming off the wall."
  • Ha! I love Rusty, but I can't deny that I find Evan treating him like crap on occasion to be pretty amusing.
  • Lol at Ashleigh shaking her head at the Drew Lachey suggestion.
  • Does Frannie really count as a ZBZ alum after she disassociated and formed IKI?
  • Cal: "You know that dream where you're naked and the whole school's laughing at you?"
    Evan: "They're applauding. But go on."
  • Jonathan Silverman! Yes, thank goodness he's here.
  • Rebecca: "A Bieber in the hand is worth two Lacheys in the bush."
  • Evan brought Rusty with him to visit the parents? Great plan to make an already awkward situation even worse...
  • Rusty: "This is where you grew up? You are Lex Luthor."
    Evan: "I heard that. Just like I had to hear NPR Science Friday the whole way down here."
  • Rusty: "Mmm, that's good water, Mrs. Chambers! Best I've ever had!"
  • That was not a very smooth segue, Ev.
  • Dale! And Calvin! Aww, Dale's sad.
  • I'm having a hard time remembering these good old days when the Omega Chis weren't a miserable bunch of jerks.
  • Dale: "I've turned down my collars; I'm done."
  • I like that Rusty is getting this insight into the sucking sucky world of being a Chambers.
  • Eew, Evan's dad spies on him.
  • Cappie: "I know a sorority where the food is hot and the women are cold. No, wait, they're both hot."
  • LOL at Cappie's scream of terror when he saw Frannie.
  • Cappie: "Nice to see you too, Frannie. This is Pledge Spidey. Please don't turn him to stone."
  • Dale (to Tripp): "Can it, Prince Harry."
  • Whoever this first Omega Chi pledge guy who stood up to talk is, he's lovely.
  • Aww, Pledgy Spidey has some moves! It's good he happens to know the words to Bieber's songs so he can lip-synch. I wouldn't be able to pull it off.
  • Learning moment time:
    Ash: "Being president was fun."
    Casey: "Fun? For me it was transformative. Is it wrong for me to want to give back to something that made me so much of who I am?"
    Ash: "No, it's not wrong. But how much more are you going to give?"
  • I feel like between Frannie and Ash, Case is getting a hard dose of reality right now.
  • See? I knew CRU was in Ohio! So why had it not snowed there for years and years?! It snows in Ohio, people!!
  • That's cool that Chambers International will let Rusty work on the wire after he graduates.
  • I love how Evan's pledge paddle was prominently displayed on the wall while Rusty and Evan finally made nice.
  • Is that really Calvin's last "patented diatribe"? I'll miss them.
  • Rebecca: "Oh, we totally will. If little Tyler Gentry Manning ever wants to see his nana again."
  • Oh NO. Pledge Spidey is the saboteur?! Ohhh no. And what is in Cappie's letter from the college? I'm nervous.
  • How depressing would it be if the KTs only have one pledge and it turns out he's trying to take them down?!
Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to be a massive wreck at this time next week. Frankly, I'm already not feeling so great. Cannot believe there's only one episode left.

We did cover some solid ground in this episode: We patched up Evan and Rusty (which was no easy task). We reconciled Dale with the Omega Chis and got Tripp to stop acting like a flaming butthead. We got some closure with Frannie. We got Casey to realize that spending the next three years in the ZBZ house might not be the best life choice. We got Ashleigh a job that she likes and is good at. We even got Rebecca to calm the heck down a little bit. Those are some serious strides!

Wish list for the finale: Casey and Evan have to make up. And if Cappie and Evan could make up too, that would be icing! The KTs have to figure out if Pledge Spidey is the saboteur. Beaver and Katherine have to get married. (Lol, that one was a joke. Kind of.) We need to have some touching moments between the great sets of friends: Casey/Ash, Cappie/Evan, Rusty/Dale, Rusty/Calvin, Casey/Katherine, Rusty/Cappie, etc. We need a sweet Casey/Rusty brother/sister moment that causes us all to tear up. And as an extra bonus--from the looks of the preview--we finally get the kiss we've all been waiting for: Dale and Casey!! Ha. At least that will give us a reason to smile through our tears...

BTW, I'm going to try to post some Greek wrap-up stuff throughout this week. I want to give a proper send-off to the CRU kids I love so much.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment