Monday, January 25, 2010

Greek: Happily Ever After?



Greek: "I Know What You Did Last Semester"


GREEK! I'm both excited to have the Cyprus Rhodes gang back and very nervous that this might be the beginning of the end. There's a lot of speculation going around that ABC Family may be trying to push Greek out in favor of the (vastly inferior) Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make It Or Break It and other new programming, and after what happened to Wildfire and Kyle XY (see may rants here, here and here), I'm inclined to believe that there may be cause for worry. ABC Family seems to have developed quite a knack for abandoning its well-liked, established shows for whatever is new. I could rant about how ABC Family should not hang its high-quality show (Greek) out to dry in favor of its more lowest-common-denominator fare, but that seems like it should be obvious. If it's not, we've got bigger problems.



Until we know more, if you love Greek, it can't hurt to visit http://www.savegreek.com/ and send some postcards and a red cup or two.



In any event, Greek returned with a delightful episode, as usual. Honestly, I can't think of too many other shows that can make me laugh as loud as Greek does on a regular basis.

The play-by-play:
  • Betsy: "With all the stress of burning down the Gamma Si house, I couldn't eat all winter break, so I look fantastic!"
  • Lol at Cappie's "Hello, Clarice."
  • DALE!!!!!!
  • Dale has interns now! Really nerdy interns.
  • Dale: "Really? Cappie didn't mention that in his Christmas newsletter. It did have a fantastic date nut bar recipe."
  • I'd pay money to get my hands on Cappie's Christmas newsletter.
  • Hang on, I just realized that Greek is finally taking place at the same time as real life! Usually, it's winter there and summer here or fall there and spring here, etc. But now, it's winter here! It's winter there! This hasn't happened in a while. It's so exciting.
  • Fisher and Ash broke up? Again?! Boo, I liked his cute face.
  • Ash: "It's a fun way to start of the semester. You have a boyfriend. I'm single. We're arsonists."
  • Aww, I miss Wade too.
  • LOL at the KT's "secret knock" (which is "knock, knock").
  • EVAN!! And he's wearing a tie! However, Evan cannot compete with the ensemble Calvin's sporting: checked shirt, all-over argyle sweater...very nice.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IF THIS HAS EVEN THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING THE LAST SERIES OF GREEK, DO NOT MAKE ME SPEND IT WATCHING EVAN AND REBECCA! PLEEEEEASE!
  • Ha ha at Beaver looking menacing with the golf club!
  • Well, I guess this is why my college never let us have candles in our dorm rooms (even unlit ones).
  • Cappie: "If I'm late, she'll make me go as the least attractive dwarf, which I happen to think is Sneezy."
  • Yeah, Calvin, it's time to cut Grant loose. This guy just isn't doing it for me.
  • Ha ha at Casey freaking out when she walked into the firefighter costume and then the guy in the devil outfit.
  • Yea, yea, yea, yea! The Dale/Calvin/Rusty trio is back in action!
  • Rusty: "I never liked that Grant!"
  • NOoooooooooooooooooooo--this is Evan/Rebecca! I said that is NOT what I want to see!
  • It's a little late for Ash to get on the anti-Cappie bandwagon. Where was this input when Casey was trying to decide whether to get back together with Cappie or not?
  • I'm sorry, what is with this commercial for Pull-Ups airing during Greek?
  • Rusty: "We performed magic together. It would have been awkward."
  • Rusty: "I can't see puffy paint making an impact on Dump Truck."
  • Ha ha ha at Rusty bringing Dale in to shape up KT's pledges!
  • OMG, Rusty just cut off that kid's toe!
  • Cappie: "My, she's tall!"
  • Cappie: "Apparently your brother cannot handle cutlery."
  • The ZBZs sure watch a lot of television. They're my kind of girls!
  • They could have burned the clipboard, but I guess they're understandably a bit leery of fire right now.
  • Casey: "I remember stepping over a log at some point."
  • Ha ha at Evan's wolf nose.
  • Calvin: "That is the weakest Big Bad Wolf I've ever seen."
  • Noooo, Grant, why did you have to come around? I just wanted rid of you.
  • Evan: "They're your brothers! Get out there and support them!"
    Omega Chi brother: (pause) "Do you want to..."
    Evan: "With girls!"
  • Fisher cheated on Ashleigh again! Fisher is such a little bitch.
  • So is it time to finally make a go of a Rusty/Ashleigh pair? The idea still intrigues me.
  • Casey: "We should burn down his house!"
  • Casey: "And we got away with it until Ashleigh kept the clipboard but we couldn't keep it in the trunk because of Scrubs..."
  • This Cappie/Casey stuff is actually kinda nice. Ok, Evan, you're so going to start messing it up next week though, right?
  • Rebecca: "My, what a half-assed costume you have."
  • Noooooo....Ahh, saved from an Evan/Rebecca kiss by a Casey/Cappie sighting! Phew, that was close.
  • Cappie listened to Nora Jones and had a good cry.
  • Jeremy wore eyeliner?
  • HEATH!! Health was so upset about everyone getting expelled that he bombed all of his finals! Yeaaaa!
  • If Heath really bombed all of his finals, is med school really still going to be interested in him?
  • Can we please cut "that Grant" loose and revisit Calvin/Heath? I don't accept "he liked sports and I didn't" as an acceptable reason for them not to be together.
  • Rusty: "The pledges can't get enough of me!"
  • Wow, congrats to Rusty on winning the grant. But poor Dale :-(

Promos for the season: Ha ha, I can't wait to see whatever inspires Dale to tell Ashleigh that he can't be her boy-toy! I can, however, wait to see Evan tell Rebecca he wants to be exclusive with her. Barf.

(photo: abcfamily.com)

1 comment:

  1. Evan/Rebecca : puke
    I am not really for a Ashley and Rusty hook-up: not believable for me, they have too much a brother-sister chemistry to not be awkward as a pairing so no thanks.
    Cappie and Casey are cute, love them (but i will always heart Evan and Casey)and i freaking flove Evan and Cappie..hey these two guys is my OTP on this show actually..at the end i don't care for the couples i just know i want them friends and best-friends for the final..these writers are at their best when they write friendship relationships in this show.
    Dale/Calvin/Rusty : great as always.
    I don't mind Grant, yes he can be a jerk but he is not the worst and maybe Calvin can help him to become more nice and clever who knows..
    Beaver : adorable dumbass teddy bear.
    Katherine : like her (and i also like Nathalie, she is a funny little chick !)
    Betsy : quirky, fun supporting character.
    This show is good but the girl stay too much ditzy, girly for my taste though sometimes they can be strong and use the sarcasm but tomboy girls are needed !

    ReplyDelete