Monday, January 11, 2010

The Big Bang Theory: The Wonder Wingman

The Big Bang Theory: "The Psychic Vortex"

Since the last new episode of The Big Bang Theory aired in mid-December, I've watched basically every single episode of TBBT from seasons 1 and 2 (the only exceptions were the first few episodes of season 1, which I watched between Dec. 11 and 14). So, in other words, I've watched all of the season 1 and 2 episodes in the last month. It would be completely fair to throw around the word "obsession" at this point. Honestly, I'm bummed that I've exhausted my supply of past episodes; I love the show so much, I wish I had 7 seasons of episodes to catch up on!

Tonight's new episode was thoroughly enjoyable as usual. I couldn't, however, believe that Leonard was even entertaining the idea of dumping Penny because she believes in psychics. Like, come on, dude! This is Penny we're talking about! You've been pining over her for three years and now that you've finally (and somewhat unbelieveably) succeeded in getting her, you're going to dump her over something you should have known all along?! We knew that Penny did Leonard's horoscope in Season 1--surely it's not too much of a jump to then realize that she also believes in psychics. Even if Leonard was taken completely by surprise by this turn of events (and he shouldn't have been), I would fully expect him to completely ignore/gloss over all of Penny's perceived shortcomings for a long time so as to not scare her off now that he's finally won her over.

Sheldon, meanwhile, seemed particularly hammy in this episode, what with his imaginary 2D world, the Green Lantern lantern and the Hulk hands (and the Hulk impressions). It was all great.

And props to Raj for landing Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) from The Wonder Years! Kevin Arnold didn't even ultimately succeed in pulling off that feat. (Those Savage boys just aren't in enough stuff these days...) I wonder if Danica going to stick around for any more episodes? That would be awesome--but how weird would it be if Leonard, Howard and Raj all had girlfriends at the same time? (Well, it's really just weird that Howard has a girlfriend...)

The highlights:
  • Leonard: "Got it!"
    Howard: "Seen it!"
    Sheldon: "Detailed analysis posted online."
  • Raj: "Great, they get girlfriends and they just abandon us!"
    Sheldon: "It is great, isn't it!?"

  • Everyone looks older in this episode. Oh, wait, that's probably because I've been watching so many episodes from seasons 1 and 2.

  • Raj: "The Salute to Zoot. Sounds like a hoot!"

  • Sheldon: "The Zoot Suit Riots?"
    Raj: "Ohh, I always thought that had something to do with after-Christmas sales."

  • Raj: "I'm a young, virile visitor from a foreign land and I need to strut my stuff!"

  • Sheldon: "Oh, look, there's a sexually attractive line segment! You should chat her up!"

  • Howard: "Good job not making fun of her!"

  • LOL at Sheldon bringing the Green Lantern lantern into the party.

  • Sheldon: "I don't drink."
    Raj: "Well, I do, and when my wingman is carrying a Green Lantern lantern, I drink a lot!"

  • Ha ha ha! The Green Lantern lantern is a hit!

  • Leonard coming home to find Sheldon, Raj, Winnie and the other girl playing Rock Band.

  • Leonard looks like Bono in those big red safety goggles!

  • Sheldon: "I won't say anything; I'll just offer you a facial expression that suggests you've gone insane."

  • Wow, Raj really does want Winnie Cooper! He's giving up his Incredible Hulk hands signed by Stan Lee!

  • Penny: "Wow, that's all you got after you were the most obnoxious person on a double date that included Howard Wolowitz?"

  • Oh Sheldon! This girl is basically perfect for him and he doesn't even care/notice.

  • OMG, there's a girl in Sheldon's room!

  • Sheldon: "I'll sleep in Leonard's room. Good night!"

One bad thing about this episode was that there was no Penny/Sheldon interaction. I thought he might have something to add to the psychic debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment