Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Girl: One Valentine's Night Stand

New Girl: Valentine's Day

I've documented my love for New Girl, and I've documented my love for Dale Kettlewell (Clark Duke) of Greek A LOT. (There are really too many posts about this to link to them all. Basically just look at any of my 88 previous posts about Greek. Or start with this one.) So when my two loves collided (on Valentine's Day no less), I obviously had to blog it, right? Right.

Highlights and observations:
  •  Schmidt: "I'm like a Dominican teenager playing Little League: it's just not fair for everyone else."
  • Schmidt: "Twirly? Is that like horny?"
    Jess: "I've got the dirty twirls, Schmidty!"
  • Schmidt: "You know where that gets you six months from now? Watching It's Complicated while cradling your newborn baby."
  • Schmidt: "It's really not that complicated. It's about a bunch of rich white people remodeling their kitchen!"
  • Jess: "I'm sorry, I don't know who will be smelling what."
  • IT'S DALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • On Schmidt's dessert island book list: "any of the scripts from the first season of Vampire Diaries"
  • Jess: "Also, we both love lunch."
  • Schmidt (picking up a girl by using strange tactics): "...like my confusion makes her confused."
  • Lol, I love the sight of Nick and Dale enjoying champagne together.
  • Schmidt: "This is a horrible neighborhood! There are youths everywhere!"Jess: "Youths? What are you, Officer Krupke?"
  • Schmidt: "These monkeys look so real!"
    Oliver: "Apes! They're apes."
    Schmidt: "You're one of those?"
  • Schmidt: "Youths!"
  • Julia: "You got arrested in Mexico?"
    Nick: "I wasn't going to tell you until after you got knocked up and were stuck with me."
  • Schmidt: "My tires were stolen by street youths!"
  • Schmidt: "And whatever you do, leave immediately! God help you if you get sucked into a brunch."
  • Lol  at Nick's horror at finding Jess outside Schmidt's room.
  • I knew Cece was in Schmidt's room!
  • Cece: "You smell so good right now!"
  • Is Dale coming back? Oh no, there's only one minute left! Dale's gone :-( I hope he is at least spending some quality time with his birds...
Good episode. Not the best New Girl ever, but I got a legit laugh every time Schmidt talked about the "youths." "Twirly" Jess was entertaining too. And of course it's lovely to see Clark Duke again.

As a special bonus, Beaver (Aaron Hill) from Greek showed up on the Valentine's Day episode of Glee too! Oh, Beav, I miss you too. It was like a mini Greek reunion for a couple of minutes there, and I loved it. I really, really, really still miss Greek. Other shows need to employ those actors more often! (And, no, sorry, I do not mean Are You There, Chelsea?)

(Photo: FOX http://www.fox.com/new-girl/)

No comments:

Post a Comment