Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lost: My John Locke Amigurumi (We All Grieve In Different Ways)

It's been almost a week since the series finale of Lost aired, and I still can't stop thinking about it and feeling sad that the show's over.

I'm also currently obsessed with crochet, and these two obsessions have collided and resulted in this:

My John Locke Amigurumi:




Admittedly, I'm not the hugest fan of John Locke. In fact, I liked a lot of other Lost characters more than I liked him. But I was preparing to try to make a Sheldon Cooper amigurumi by following these fantastic instructions, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323108.0 , and--since I haven't bought brown yarn yet--I was practicing making the head with just the ecru yarn. And since I think of little else than Lost at the moment, I saw the bald head and immediately thought, "John Locke!" I adapted the pattern, using Locke-appropriate colors for the clothes (he wore a lot of neutrals and khakis).

Notice that he carries a knife. He can wear it around his waist (as seen above) when he's just strolling around the Island, admiring its beauty, but he can unholster it when he needs to go boar hunting...or take out the scout from the freighter, etc.:

No comments:

Post a Comment