Saturday, November 1, 2008

A 'Mad Men' Halloween

Several weeks ago, the perfect Halloween costume idea came to me: Joan Holloway from Mad Men. It was brilliant: I already had the hair, I just needed to add some '60s-esque office attire and a gold pen necklace. Here was the end result:


Aside from me not being stunningly gorgeous like Christina Hendricks, I think the whole thing worked out pretty well.

The costume's main downside was that I couldn't think of a single place to wear it where anyone would have any idea who I was supposed to be. I don't think I personally know a single other person who watches Mad Men. If only I'd been invited to a party with only entertainment bloggers and television critics comprising the guest list, the costume would have been a hit. (Do those parties exist, and how can I score an invite?)

Happy Halloween (a day late)!

(picture of Joan: amctv.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment