Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chuck: Kissing Casey


Chuck:
"Chuck vs. The Ex"

Yea, college flashbacks! I was excited to find out the whole story about Jill. It was interesting to find out that she dumped Chuck and got together with Bryce after Chuck had already been kicked out of Stanford. For some reason, I had been under the impression both of those things kind of happened at once. Also, we found out that she and Chuck had more or less broken up before she got together with Bryce, which was also not my original understanding of the situation. Obviously, though, it makes sense for the storyline, because if they want to make Jill sympathetic at all, she can't have had cheated on Chuck with Bryce while they were still together.

Interestingly, it turns out that Chuck might not be as over Jill and onto Sarah as we thought. Plus, it's nice that for once someone who Chuck knows outside of the CIA actually knows the truth about what he does. That's gotta be a load off his mind. However, I doubt that this situation will last very long, since it seems that Chuck is destined to be lonely.

BTW, this episode was flat-out hysterical. Highlights were: Chuck not realizing that his microphone was live and ending up in Jill's phone conversation; Morgan and Lester getting Jeff to choke on the pen cap on purpose so that they'd find out the answers to the Heimlich maneuver portion of the test; and Chuck kissing Casey in a misguided attempt to save his life. My goodness, it just kept getting funnier and funnier.

Thoughts and observations:
  • Chuck was a tall, adult-like college student. He hasn't aged a day in 5 years ;-)
  • Oh dear, Chuck still listens to his "Jill 2003" playlist? This is worse than I thought. Hasn't Sarah (and Lou) made him forget all about Jill by now?
  • Jill: "Is there someone who can help me with the tech requirements for my lecture?"
    Guy: "Under the table."
  • Chuck: "When you say reconnect, you mean send her an e-mail or invite her to be my new Facebook friend, right?"
  • Chuck: "And by the way, she slept with Bryce Larkin."
    Casey: "Who hasn't?"
  • Morgan: "Please, we lost Big Mike to doughnuts years ago."
  • Buster: "I shudder to think how you would respond to a real catastrophe: a fire, an earthquake..."
    Lester: "An all-out race war."
  • Wow, that's quite a car the CIA got for Chuck (that he can't drive).
  • Casey's disguise is no good. He looks like John Tesh.
  • Chuck: "It doesn't matter... now that I'm alarmingly well-known at this particular restaurant."
  • Chuck: "I understood completely 'do you remember biochem?' but after that you lost me."
  • Jeff: "Man, if I wanted to take tests, I would have been a boat captain."
  • Lester: "So what happens if we don't pass?"
    Morgan: "Oh, we get lousy jobs and live a small, under-realized life in the Valley. Oooh, scary."
  • Casey: "I'll just tranq her; she'll wake up in an hour thinking nothing of it."
  • Lester and Jeff did a terrible job of making a diversion.
  • Chuck's reaction at Jill's boss landing on the roof of the CIA van.
  • Jill's last name is Roberts? Is she related to Summer?
  • I like Sarah's green glasses! And her Australian accent is nice too.
  • The guy who released the bioweapon is CIA? Ahh, he's a Fulcrum agent. Wow, I really don't understand this Fulcrum organization at all. I think I better understood the endgames of SD-6 and the Covenant and all the random Alias terrorist organizations.
  • Chuck: "I thought I could spread the anti-virals through saliva."
    Jill: "That's ridiculous."
  • It's good that Jill showed up when she did, or Chuck would have had to go all around the room kissing everybody ;-)
(photo: nbc.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment