Friday, September 30, 2011

10 Years Later: The Series Premiere of Alias

The 10th Anniversary of the Pilot Episode of Alias, "Truth Be Told"

Ten years ago today, on Sept. 30, 2001, the pilot episode of Alias premiered on ABC. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since Sydney Bristow and her friends and enemies came into my life. On one hand, it's stunning that it has been 10 whole years since the pilot aired, as I still vividly remember watching it that night, loving every second and knowing that my entire concept of good television was being revolutionized. On the other hand, it seems like Alias has to have been around for much longer than 10 years, since I find it difficult to comprehend that there was ever a world without Sydney, Vaughn, Jack, Sloane, Dixon, Marshall, Will, Francie, Irina and Sark.

In any event, today is the 10th anniversary of the Alias pilot, a moment that literally changed my life, as the show meant a lot to me when it premiered and continues to mean a lot to me now. I'm celebrating the occasion by re-watching the pilot, "Truth Be Told," which is easily one of the best television pilots ever, in my opinion. Here's a clip from it; skip to minute 4.00 for the legendary "Write this down: E M E T I B. Got that? Now reverse it." Sydney Bristow, you kick so much butt.

Here's to you, Alias. You are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Not easily "one of the best" television pilots ever. Simply THE best television pilot ever. I miss Syd and friends. Bad Robot is all over the TV dial these days, but "Alias" is conspicuous by its absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who told you that,for me ah just say i love alias,movies because she can art very well,and shes one of my very best actress like angelina jolie

    ReplyDelete