Monday, January 18, 2010

The Big Bang Theory: The Mean Streets of Pasadena

The Big Bang Theory: "The Bozeman Reaction"

This episode was funny! Granted, it is rare that an episode of The Big Bang Theory isn't funny, but I thought this one was really funny. It had me at "mobster sauce" and didn't let up until Sheldon revealed who the "treasured acquaintance" was.

Oh, Jim Parsons, why you weren't nominated for a Golden Globe (and the winner of one), I'll never understand...

The highlights:
  • Raj: "Alright, I'd kill a hobo if it would get me laid."
  • Sheldon: "Did the chef lose confidence in the dish or in himself?"
  • Sheldon: "Shrimp in 'mobster sauce.' What is mobster sauce?"
  • Sheldon: "Perhaps this restaurant is now a front for organized crime."
  • Sheldon: "The more I think about it, the mobster sauce couldn't actually contain chunks of mobsters."
  • Leonard: "Would I be completely out of line to ask you to shoot him?"
  • Sheldon: "Well, they could monitor scientific publications..."
  • Leonard: "Does that mean you've ruled me out as a suspect?"
    Sheldon: "Oh, I wish I could."
  • Penny: "I'm not scared. I would have gone all Nebraska on their asses."
  • Sheldon: "(knock knock) Leonard and Penny. (knock knock) Leonard and Penny. (knock knock) Leonard and Penny."
    Penny: "Who is it?"

  • Penny: "I don't know... Star Wars?"

  • Penny's face when Sheldon is explaining his Pictionary clue.

  • Leonard: "He's right, Penny. It's all there."

  • Sheldon: "What if somebody kidnaps me, forces me to record my voice and cuts off my thumb?"
    Leonard: "I'll send him a basket of muffins."

  • Sheldon: "Nice security system if we're attacked by a school of tuna."

  • Sheldon: "I've seen the underbelly of Pasadena."

  • HA HA at Sheldon tapping on the outside of Leonard's window, while Leonard and Penny were...well, Sheldon doesn't need to know what they were doing. You knew it was coming, but OMG was it funny.

  • Oh no, the net's electrocuting Sheldon!

  • Sheldon: "Windows 7 is much more user friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that."

  • A town gets crossed off Sheldon's list of possible relocation sites because it has no model train shops.

  • Sheldon crossing out all of Nebraska due to it being Penny's home state.

  • Sheldon: "The four of you are three of my closest friends and one treasured acquaintance."

  • Oh, Sheldon.

  • Howard: "Hey, look who's back!"
    Sheldon: "Interesting. The acquaintance is the first to greet me."

  • So Raj must have made some strides in Sheldon's estimation in the last year or so, because last season when he decided to befriend Barry Kripke and thought he should cut a current friend loose, he picked Raj to let go. They must have really bonded last week when they picked up girls at the mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment