Monday, October 5, 2009

The Big Bang Theory: Some Like It Goth


The Big Bang Theory:
"The Gothowitz Deviation"

Since I enjoyed reading The Big Bang Theory's fancy article on NYTimes.com today, I decided to blog about tonight's episode, which was hilarious as usual.

Highlights and my observations:

  • Sheldon: "While I subscribe to the many worlds theory that posits the existence of an infinite number of Sheldons in an infinite number of universes, I assure you that in none of them am I dancing."
  • Sheldon: "Dear Lord, are you still going to be here on french toast day?"
  • Sheldon: "I can't be impossible; I exist! I believe what you meant to say was 'I give up! You're improbable!'"
  • Sheldon: "Ohh, Penny, it's as if the Cheesecake Factory is run by witches!"
  • Ha ha ha at Howard in the goth outfit! He's kind of cute as a goth :-)
  • Leonard: "They're going to get beaten up at that club."
    Penny: "They're going to get beaten up at Walgreens."
  • Holy crap! That's totally Mickey (Molly Morgan), Stephanie's friend from middle school on Full House! And, yes, I recognized her instantly.
  • It's been quite the fall for guest appearances by Stephanie's friends--first Duckface was on Glee, now Mickey is on TBBT. Now we just need Marla Sokoloff, Andrew Keegan and the guy who played Harry Takayama (Nathan Nishiguchi) to show up somewhere, and we're set!
  • Leonard: "You can't train my girlfriend like a lab rat."
    Sheldon: "Actually, it turns out I can."
  • Lol at Sheldon using the spray bottle on Leonard.
  • Mickey pressuring Howard to get a tattoo is reminding me of when Gia and Mickey tried to get Stephanie to smoke in the bathroom. Mickey never seems to be a good influence on anyone, does she? (To be fair, she did end eventually side with Stephanie over Gia on Full House. However, then Steph and Gia became BFFs and Mickey disappeared, so I don't know what the lesson is there.)
Oh, and speaking of TBBT, look at this! How adorable! That Sheldon doll looks exactly like Jim Parsons (to the extent that a crocheted doll can look like an actual person). Unfortunately, I don't think my crocheting skills are quite up to that level yet :-(

(Photo: CBS)

No comments:

Post a Comment